Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK852 Verizon FIOS App Streaming doesn’t work

Anukfernando
Aspirant

RBK852 Verizon FIOS App Streaming doesn’t work

I just installed AX6000 - RBK852 at home. I have Verizon FIOS 1GB up/down. I use the RBK852 in AP mode plugged into the FIOS quantum Router. I get excellent speeds. Running latest firmware.

I got everything to work (Sonos, echo, nest, google home, wireless printers, Xbox, Roku, Apple TV, Lutron, Rachio, etc), except the Verizon FIOS IOS app streaming. The App works and connects but when I click on a channel to stream it doesn’t work. If I connect to my old AP or connect to LTE it works fine. Gives me an error “ Unable to communicate with the media server. Please try again later. See attached screenshot of error.

Any help is appreciated. FIOS App streaming is the only thing not working!
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK852 Verizon FIOS App Streaming doesn’t work

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

In AP mode, the Orbi AX would not be hindering or blocking anything...Everything is pass thru traffic.

I would check with your ISP to see if there is any help and information they can offer. If all other items and devices work with the Orbi AX, seems that this app is having problems. 

Message 2 of 4
Anukfernando
Aspirant

What Firmware version is currently loaded? V3.2.10.11_1.2.12

As I mentioned, when I connect to the network via my old AP (different SSID) the Verizon FIOS APP streaming works fine. So its not the APP. When I switch to the new SSID off the RBK852 the streaming stops. So I know its the netgear AP. Is there someone else out there who has the Orbi WiFi 6 System AX6000 (RBK852) with FIOS and the FIOS TV APP on IOS to test?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7