Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK852 Wifi Calling not working and Wifi connectivity problems

CapoThis
Follower

RBK852 Wifi Calling not working and Wifi connectivity problems

I have an Orbi 852 for about a year now. I have been using wifi calling flawlessly up until today. My phone is set up to switch over to wifi calling when the cell signal drops out while on a call however today it says it cannot switch over to wifi calling. I've been through a few checks now and it seems like the issue is my router. It updated to the new firmware V4.6.3.16_2.0.51 and based on the other posts about this update I'm guessing it has to do with that. I've reset the routers and my device. I've seen in some other threads that disabling SIP ALG will fix it but it hasn't. In fact now my phone can't even use the wifi any more. Just says there's no internet access.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK852 Wifi Calling not working and Wifi connectivity problems

Is Armor enabled on the RBR? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Does same thing happen if you turn OFF the RBS? Just connect to the RBR? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 4
gantoris215
Aspirant

I had the same issue on both mine and my wife's phones start a couple of days ago. I spent 10 hours on the phone with Apple, Verizon, Comcast, and Netgear troubleshooting and resetting everything yesterday, to no avail.

Today, I may have stumbled on the fix. I can't believe it's as simple as it is.

In the control panel on the iPhone,

The phone has to be in airplane mode, and the cellular antenna button has to be off. This forces the phone to use the wifi signal, and not look for the Verizon signal at all. Picture attached. Hope this fixes your issue as well. 

image0.png

RBR850 mesh router

Arris 8200 modem

iPhone 12 mini

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Seesm like the iOS is not picking the better signal or is flopping between cell and wifi only. Would be a iOS issue possibly. 

@gantoris215 wrote:

I had the same issue on both mine and my wife's phones start a couple of days ago. I spent 10 hours on the phone with Apple, Verizon, Comcast, and Netgear troubleshooting and resetting everything yesterday, to no avail.

Today, I may have stumbled on the fix. I can't believe it's as simple as it is.

In the control panel on the iPhone,

The phone has to be in airplane mode, and the cellular antenna button has to be off. This forces the phone to use the wifi signal, and not look for the Verizon signal at all. Picture attached. Hope this fixes your issue as well. 

image0.png

RBR850 mesh router

Arris 8200 modem

iPhone 12 mini

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7