Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK852 crashes ziggo connectbox

Polleke01
Tutor

RBK852 crashes ziggo connectbox

I bought this very expensive mesh system, because you think Netgear is a good product. But I am getting very frustrated....

So I replaced my old Asus router (worked perfectly for 4 years) with this high-end system. My ziggo connectbox was already in Bridgemode, so no changes needed over there. After setting up I noticed that very often when surfing the net, the ziggo connectbox crashes and is rebooting. It is always on different sites and after reboot I could visit that site. Netgear support says that the cannot help.... Very strange....

So they suggested to put it in AP mode (very expensive system for AP mode). So now I have done that, but now the satellite will not connect wireless. Only with a wired backhaul. 

I am about to through this whole system in the trash..... But I hope that someone here can help...

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK852 crashes ziggo connectbox

So is this Ziggo box the ISP modem? 

Not sure why it's crashing and you'll need to contact it's MFr for help and support on there system. Possible it may need a FW udpate or not be fully compatible with Orbi systems. 

Be sure your using good quality LAN cable between the modem and RBR. CAT6 is recommended. 

Did you try to add the RBS with pressing the sync buttons on the RBS then RBR while the RBS was in same room or near the RBR after the RBR was in AP mode?

Message 2 of 5
Polleke01
Tutor

The Ziggo box is the ISP modem. I already had an replacement, but the modem keeps on crashing.

So after resetting the satellite like 10 times to factory standard, it finally got connected.

Now in AP mode the ziggo modem is not crashing anymore. But still strange it crashes when using the Orbi as router and the ziggo box is in bridge mode.

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to contact the Mfr of this modem about and let them know whats happening in that configuration. Maybe they can help you collect debug logs on there modem and see whats going on. 

Glad AP mode is working for you. 

Message 4 of 5
Polleke01
Tutor

Ziggo cannot find anything strange in the modem. Everything seems to be working fine from that end.

But now I also experienced a couple of crashed of the Ziggo modem/router when the ORBI is in AP mode. Still do not know what is going on.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7