Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK852 won't let me login after updating firmware to 4.6.3.9

ichan7
Initiate

RBK852 won't let me login after updating firmware to 4.6.3.9

Hi all,

Is there anyone encountering problems with login after updating RBK850 series routers and satellites to firmware 4.6.3.9? I have just updated mine and are not able to login through web interface or Orbi Android app.

If there is a workaround, please let me know.

Cheers,

Isaac

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ichan7
Initiate

Re: RBK852 won't let me login after updating firmware to 4.6.3.9

Hi FURRYe38, The problem has been sorted. Firstly, the satellite device connected to the router automatically when I powered it on after its being off for 1.5 hours. Web remote management worked when I attempted connecting it over HTTPS. However, I no longer see the remote management options which could have been removed by the firmware update. Anyway, I am now able to manage my Orbi system with a web browser. Thank you for the advice and looking into it. Cheers, Isaac

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
ichan7
Initiate

Hi FURRYe38, The problem has been sorted. Firstly, the satellite device connected to the router automatically when I powered it on after its being off for 1.5 hours. Web remote management worked when I attempted connecting it over HTTPS. However, I no longer see the remote management options which could have been removed by the firmware update. Anyway, I am now able to manage my Orbi system with a web browser. Thank you for the advice and looking into it. Cheers, Isaac
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working.

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7