Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK853 - Only about 8 Entries in the Router Logs

FURRYe38
Guru

Why I always ask users to make contact with NG support and open a support ticket. 

Message 51 of 62
Chuck_M
Mentor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Why I always ask users to make contact with NG support and open a support ticket. 

Go look at messages #13 and #15 in this Topic.

Sigh.

Message 52 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

Again, something NG needs to look into and address. Nothing that can be done here in the forums. 

Sigh. 

Message 53 of 62
KMDonlon
Luminary

Been over a year and they are 100% aware of the issue. Also, in the past the log entries will randomly report all entries for no ryhm or reason and then mysteriously go back to 8 or so... which has always struck me as odd.
Message 54 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

I know. Seems like some times the logs show more then 8 then other times, it's back to showing less. No idea what goes on behind the scenes. I did send of a email the other day asking NG to put this on there review list. Smiley Wink

Message 55 of 62
Chuck_M
Mentor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Again, something NG needs to look into and address. Nothing that can be done here in the forums. 

Sigh. 

I believe that is exactly why we have this community.  To link NG with the user base on issues.  This place isnt for users just to talk to each other.

NG has been involved in this particular issue since the beginning -- in fact you were the person who brought it to their attention -- presumably for them to take action.

I disagree with your sentiment that nothing can be done here -- and that is a dangerous position for someone like you to take because it reinforces mediocrity.  This community is where real issues are identified; resolved if possible; and if not -- NG should have the professionalism of having their moderators (they ARE moderators) carry the water back to their development staff and inform their "community" of progress.

Why would you personally tag two moderators on this very issue a year ago if they weren't going to do anything?  What did you expect to happen when you made that post?  (See thread #13)

Netgear doesn't need you or anyone else to defend them or be a cheerleader.  Doing so reinforces their bad habits because they know you will blindly defend them.

Message 56 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

Forums are for places of discussion and technical troubleshooting. After all trouble shooting has been exhausted or if it's found to be a FW/HW issue, then it's beyond forum help to effect any changes. This has to be done at the NG support/engineering level. Just the way it is. Nothing neffarious or "dangerous" about it. 

If you feel way that thats fine. Everyone has an opinion. Just here to let users know that if there seeing problems, and we can't help them, they need to contact NG support and bug them about it as nothing can be done here in the forums about this problem. Period. 

Have a great weekend. 

Message 57 of 62
Chuck_M
Mentor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Forums are for places of discussion and technical troubleshooting. After all trouble shooting has been exhausted or if it's found to be a FW/HW issue, then it's beyond forum help to effect any changes. This has to be done at the NG support/engineering level. Just the way it is. Nothing neffarious or "dangerous" about it. 

If you feel way that thats fine. Everyone has an opinion. Just here to let users know that if there seeing problems, and we can't help them, they need to contact NG support and bug them about it as nothing can be done here in the forums about this problem. Period. 

Have a great weekend. 

You, my friend, are not the owner of these forums nor are you the definer of what their purposes are.  You seem to believe you have some authority or purpose for which you don't.  You may notice that many users are tiring of your misguided sense of ownership of the Negear Community.

You didn't answer the question in the previous post... why did you CC the netgear moderators if they were innocent bystanders and didnt expect for them to carry the water to the developers?  Cat got your tongue?

You are dead wrong about these forums not being able to effect change.  You, however, may be standing in the way.  I recommend you relook at how you are peceived and the silly sense of authority you think you may have.

These forums dont belong to you - so try not to control what is or is not discussed in here.  

I have noticed comments from you where you seem to think that if a problem doesnt exist for you, it isnt important.

You dont speak on behalf of Netgear nor do you speak for anyone else on here.

My weekends are always great.

Message 58 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

Never said I was. Just tell you how it seems to be. Take it as you like.

Enjoy then. 

Message 59 of 62
larryindublin
Luminary

@FURRYe38 the VAST majority of Netgear product owners here greatly appreciate your involvement in these forums. As a RBK53 owner who has upgraded to RBK753 and had virtually 0 problems of any kind, I LOVE my orbi setup and recommend it to people. MOST of the people I have recommended it to have also had 0 problems.

I'll will agree that I initially I saw more involvement from the Orbi moderator team and even invites to beta test firmware designed to fix known issues.

All in all, as in any forum based setting you are going to get more people coming here with issues than most users are probably seeing. No one usually finds these forums to say how great everything is. I have used Velop before going to Orbi and will say they had issues too, but again, most people find these pretty much "set and forget" and they just work.

Yes, I had seen the DNS issue, but oddly enough I have not seen it in a very long time now. I have also seen the log issue, but again, not a killer problem for me since I don't need to reference it much if at all. My system, with about 50 devices from various TV models, security cameras, Alexa devices, smart bulbs/switches and a mix of android and apple tablets and phones has been up for 27 days (since our last power outage) and is still the best mesh system I have tried. I have only 2 AX devices at this point and get 480/25 from my 400/20 service (they always seem to over provision but about 20%). Anything ethernet connected, even to the satellites also gets full speed.

People should keep the personal comments out of the forum. It's just not neccesary and serves no purpose.

Message 60 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

I'm here to help with troubleshooting and support issues is all. I agree, the forums are here for helping people out. However at some point the forums can't help out much. At the lower levels when there is a Firmware or hardware issue, its out of our hands. NG and the dev's have to make the change there. Some just don't get that. 

I agree, I would like to see more moderator involvement here in the forums. Something we have asked about. Will see as time goes on. And yes, some more inclusion of beta testing was asked about as well. Starting to see some other things though here in the forums though. Change seems to be in the wind...

With Orbi, seems to be a mixed bag of users that have seen little or no issues with there systems: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Orbi-RBK853-upgrading-from-RBK753S-Comparison-tests-thread-...

While others seem to have constant problem experiences. Many factors can contribute to this so why we try, at least to narrow it down as far as we can to see where the problem may be. Helps NG in information and a area to look into when they go to review the problems expressed by users. I to had NOT seen the DNS issue up until this past March time frame. After that, I have not seen this issue since. Seems that so take offense when mentioning this nor should be taken like that.

Overall theres been world events thats impacted most things and as we move forward, were hopeful that some of these things will get cleared out and hopefully things will resume normally as time goes on. Things that happend last year really put a wrench in to the works for every one. 

Yes, personal comments get nobody no where. Period. 

@larryindublin 

Message 61 of 62
FURRYe38
Guru

Has anyone tried the new Beta to see of log behaviors have changed?

Message 62 of 62
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 61 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7