Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK853 vs RBK852

pbomberg
Aspirant

RBK853 vs RBK852

My house is not that large 2,500Sqft but it’s older 1913 and has solid brick walls internally as well as lathe and plaster walls which block the signal, it is also 3 stories plus basement (where the cable router is).

Would you recommend the RBK853 or RBK852 in my case?

Message 1 of 5
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: RBK853 vs RBK852

If available and if cost is not prohibitive, I would recommend the 853 since you get an additional satellite -- considering the construction of your home.  Better safe than sorry/

Message 2 of 5
pbomberg
Aspirant

Thanks that is the real crux, I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and I can easily get the RBK852 but I cant find anyone selling the RBK853, otherwise I would have bought it without hesitation

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Brick may impact wifi signal travel and performance for any Wifi MESH system. Any chance you can ethernet connect the satellites via ethernet or use PowerLine adapters in between the router and satellites? Hopefully you should only need the router and 1 satellite for that size of home. 

@pbomberg wrote:

My house is not that large 2,500Sqft but it’s older 1913 and has solid brick walls internally as well as lathe and plaster walls which block the signal, it is also 3 stories plus basement (where the cable router is).

Would you recommend the RBK853 or RBK852 in my case?

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

And basements are not recommended places for wifi routers. Need to get the router on the main floor or 1 upper floor. You can put a satellite in the basement. Wired is preferred here. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7