Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK853

Snakepottery
Aspirant

RBK853

Hi,

Looking at maybe purchasing the RBK853 or 753. Looking through reviews there does seem to be fair few issues with the 853 and compatibility with some streaming services as well as poor range. Is this still the case or have these now been ironed out?

Its alot of money for something that isnt 100%. I may as well stick with Google Wi Fi!

Many thanks

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK853

I haven't seen any problems streaming or gaming iwth my system. Coverage is very good. Placement and distance is key to good coverage. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
Can30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

There seems to be an issue with NEST controllers. I'm currently working with NG engineering on this one. Hopeing to get it resolved. 

Some are having problems with DNS errors, however some express that if IPv6 is disabled on the RBR, and or PC, this seems to help on this. Some have not experienced this issue at all. Seems to be some what ISP specific as well. 

Something consider and if you buy, get one from a place with a good refund policy. 

Message 2 of 6
Mstrbig
Master

I personally went with the RBK753 system and love it. It has great coverage and is reliable and fast. I currently have 23 plus devices connected with no issues whatsover. My company also installs mesh systems. The most popular models we install are the RBK53 and RBK753, depending on whether the customer wants or needs AX wireless mode.

Message 3 of 6
Snakepottery
Aspirant

Thnkas for the quick and comporehensive replies!

I'm thinking that the 853 is massive overkill given I have a small 3 bed house with around 49m2 ground floor. The router will be upstairs probably 15m as the crow flies from the satelite. Also, do I really need AX? Ther will be about a max of 6 devices connected of which only two are AX compatible. I dont do any gaming, just browsing and streaming of course. I like the idea of future proofing (as much as you can with IT!) but not keen on wasting money either.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Snakepottery
Aspirant

What about the RBK23? Looks more suitable for my needs? And a sensible price!!

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

IF you feel you don't need AX mode and you only do general internet access, then the Orbi AX would be something to look into and review. However if you see a good deal or special on a Orbi AX system during the holidays, maybe something to consider if you can find a good price on one. 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7