Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK854 DAISYchain issue

glengoh
Follower

RBK854 DAISYchain issue

Hi, I’ve gotten the RBK854 and I understand that for a daisychain set up, one satellite (furthest one from router) will connect to the router through another satellite. This is supposed to be automatic and I cannot choose how the satellite connect to one another.

In my case, the furthest satellite connects to the router instead of another closer satellite. The satellite status is “Yellow” meaning signal is weak. I believe this can be solved if the furthest satellite connects with another satellite instead of router.
But I can’t manually select the connection.

Some answers suggest that the satellite will automatically connect to the strongest signal. But this is not true. It always try to find the router even when there’s a stronger signal satellite nearby.

I’ve also tried generating new backhaul password and resync all satellites. All firmware updated.

(Separate issue on generating new backhaul password. This will cause the status to show “out of sync”. Netgear support told me this is a display bug and not to worry as the satellites are in sync.)

I’m not sure how to solve this daisychain issue and stop my furthest satellite to connect to router. Just don’t make sense when there’s another satellite nearby.
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK854 DAISYchain issue

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

The best way to get RBS to Daisy chain is to power ON the RBR first, then next RBS and let it come to ready, then next RBS and let it come to ready, then next RBS and let it come to ready. This farthest one should connect to the nearest RBS. 

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% or 25% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7