Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBKE 963 Where is QoS and WMM?

ArunGupta
Apprentice

RBKE 963 Where is QoS and WMM?

Firmware level 6.3.7.5. Cannot find QoS and WMM. They are listed in the Orbi manual and I am certain they were present  when I purchased the router. The only things that has changed is FW updated to 6.3. Has Netgear removed them with the 6.3 FW?
Thanks,

Arun

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBKE 963 Where is QoS and WMM?

It might be worth mentioning that this WiFi Multi Media (WMM) Quality of Service is entirely different from the Quality of Service setting that customers often look for. Such as, for example, to specify that their gaming PC get a higher QoS than any other device on the network, no matter what it happens to be doing.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

If the web page described on page 86 of the manual is no longer there, my guess is that it's gone.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBKE963/RBRE960_RBSE960_UM_EN.pdf 

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

It might be worth mentioning that this WiFi Multi Media (WMM) Quality of Service is entirely different from the Quality of Service setting that customers often look for. Such as, for example, to specify that their gaming PC get a higher QoS than any other device on the network, no matter what it happens to be doing.

Message 3 of 5
ArunGupta
Apprentice

That's fine if they removed it. I never used it, but wanted to make sure that it was really gone.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe QOS is mostly automatic and works behind the scenes. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7