Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBKE963 x 2 (Firmware version of two satellites different)

migsta
Apprentice

RBKE963 x 2 (Firmware version of two satellites different)

I've been running an RBKE963 for the last two months and updated the firmware to 6.0.3.85 some time ago.  I bought another RBKE963 set (for the two satellites).  After finally getting them to sync with my existing setup, they would not sync wirelessly so I had to connect each one over ethernet to the router.  Also, the app would never indicate that a satellite was found even though cancelling the process showed the satellite was available but only after a wired connection attempt/sync.  After I got the satellites recognized, the app showed that an update needed to be done so I proceeded and the update came back as successful.  However, the satellites appear to have been updated but to version 6.0.3.88.  How do I get this version so  can update the remaining devices to it or should I downgrade the newly added satellites?  I can only find the .85 version but nothing on the .88 version.

Message 1 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

If the system is working, leave it for now...

Message 2 of 14
migsta
Apprentice

Seems to be working but what’s up with two different versions of firmware and a mysterious version at that.
Message 3 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

I'll pass this long to NG. 

Would you provide a screen capture of the FW version seen on the RBR and the RBS?

Message 4 of 14
migsta
Apprentice

RBSE960 Firmware.png

Message 5 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Will check into this. For now, if it all works, run normally. 

Message 6 of 14
migsta
Apprentice

Let me know what you find.  Is this the newest version not available for download yet?  The satellites, upon being detected, did prompt for an update which I installed but not sure whey they pulled the .88 version and the other units are still on .85?

Message 7 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

There may have been a fix to a memory leak someone reported thus may have been pushed only to the RBS. Its not common however I have seen RBS updated first which is ok as most times RBS should be updated first anyways. 

Message 8 of 14
migsta
Apprentice

The does not make sense though as nothing got pushed to my two original RBS units that are still sitting at .85.  Only the two new ones, from the new set, updated to .88.

Message 9 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

They may have been on old FW and thus triggered the new update. Honestly, what NG does with there FW is puzzling lately. Im sure it will be ok for now. 

Message 10 of 14
migsta
Apprentice

Anybody have an update on .88 vs .85 firmware.  Netgear still only has .85 for download and my new satellites show .88.  Netgear, please comment on this.

Message 11 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Where was your system purchased? NG or Online retail store? 

Possible that yours accidently got FW from NG that wasn't supposed to happen. 

IF the system is working fine, then probably something to not worry about too much. 

Will see if we can get some info on this. 

Message 12 of 14
migsta
Apprentice

Best Buy Canada - purchased two satellites separately and two satellites as part of an RBK963 kit and they all show .88 as firmware for satellites save the original satellites from an RBK963 kit I purchased a few months ago.  I don't think anybody knows what's going on and Netgear just doesn't comment or their L1, L2 L3 support don't have a clue.

Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Thank for this info. I've passed this on to NG. 

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7