Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR 750 Daisy Chain

lisakc
Tutor

RBR 750 Daisy Chain

I was just told that my RBR 750 and ALL Orbi wifi 6 mesh systems do NOT support a Daisy chain topology. There is no way for me to enable this feature when logging into the router. Does anyone have any current info on this topic? I have updated to current firmware V4.6.5.14_2.0.54, do NOT have the armor security. Router on second story, satellites on first story.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR 750 Daisy Chain

Not sure where that was stated. The KB article is still showing all the AX orbi devices supporting it. 

What is daisy chain and how does it work with my Orbi WiFi System or Nighthawk Mesh System? | Answer...

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

Its just not something that's user controlled. Its auto-negotiated by the orbi based on whats better performing

Message 3 of 6
lisakc
Tutor

I don't think its making a very good choice, so no way to configure it then?

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

Its not user changeable. 

But you can try changing distances between router/satellites. That can sometimes impact how it negotiates it. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

@lisakc wrote:

I was just told that my RBR 750 and ALL Orbi wifi 6 mesh systems do NOT support a Daisy chain topology. There is no way for me to enable this feature when logging into the router. Does anyone have any current info on this topic? I have updated to current firmware V4.6.5.14_2.0.54, do NOT have the armor security. Router on second story, satellites on first story.

Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7