Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR 852 frequently disconnects.

ZOOShen
Star

RBR 852 frequently disconnects.

I have been experience RBS connected devices disconnects from internet the every few minutes. I have two RBS 852 connected to the RBR 852. Both RBS are having the same problem. I am sure that I upgraded to the latest firmware.

I come accross this forum, and few of use has experience same.

Anyone could help here?

Message 1 of 3
mrfdabomb
Aspirant

Re: RBR 852 frequently disconnects.

Honestly you have no hope until Netgear decides to do something about their firmware. I have been having problems ever since the last firmware update (around 9/24/21) and have spent several hours on the phone trying to get them to fix the issue. After arguing with customer service several times with them telling me I needed to pay for technical support when it is their issue, I ended up finding a discussion post where someone suggested forcing the router to use the old update, which you do by downloading the old firmware from Orbi website. Netgear has been compeletly unhelpful and disappointing after spending thousands on their prodcut.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR 852 frequently disconnects.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Be sure RBS have same version of FW loaded as whats on the RBR.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor

Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set CTS to 2347. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@ZOOShen wrote:

I have been experience RBS connected devices disconnects from internet the every few minutes. I have two RBS 852 connected to the RBR 852. Both RBS are having the same problem. I am sure that I upgraded to the latest firmware.

I come accross this forum, and few of use has experience same.

Anyone could help here?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7