Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR350 e IPoE per Sky WiFi

AndreaPav
Aspirant

RBR350 e IPoE per Sky WiFi

Buona sera a tutti,

ho appena installato FTTH con sky wifi e avevo già una rete con degli ORBI Wifi 6.

Volevo utilizzarli direttamente senza router collegando direttamente l'ONT ma non sono riuscito a configurarlo. Nello specifico il problema sembra essere il protocollo IPoE, che non trovo sul router.

Che devo fare?

Grazie

Andrea

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
AndreaPav
Aspirant

Rif.: RBR350 e IPoE per Sky WiFi

Ciao to all!

I've finally found the problem. My ISP use IPv6 and I had to manually enable it.

The provider is Sky, and the config is just DHCP + IPv6 + enable VLAN/Bridge with ID 101

Have a good day

Andrea

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR350 e IPoE per Sky WiFi

In inglese per favore

Message 2 of 12
AndreaPav
Aspirant

Hi!

I have installed a new FTTH network with Sky WiFi.

Now I have a problem, I would like to use my Orbi 6 directly connected to the ONT but i have to use IPoE protocol, and I cannot find it (only PPPoE and others).

Can someone help me? It is supported?

Thank you in advance.

Andrea

Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Please contact the ISP for help and information regarding this. They should be able to help you on this. Ask the about there hardware and configuration requirements. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 12
AndreaPav
Aspirant

they told me that i have to find IPoE (and not PPPoE), but i cannot find it.

Is it supported?

thank you

Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

If thats not listed in the Advanced tab/Setup/Internet settings and the drop down menu item, then it would not be supported. I know PPPoE is.

Message 6 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

Does the ISP require you to enter a user name and password when connecting?

If not, I would try the "No" option on "Does my internet connection require a login."

This article on the internet points out (in the bottom table) that IPoE authenticates using DHCP, which is what the "No" option does.

https://forum.huawei.com/enterprise/en/pppoe-vs-ipoe-the-difference-between-them/thread/595816-861 

Message 7 of 12
AndreaPav
Aspirant

not working.... maybe I'm missing something

Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact the ISP for help on this. 

If this is something that is not seen on the Orbi system, then you may need to use there hardware. 

Message 9 of 12
CrimpOn
Guru

What happens if you connect a desktop or laptop computer directly to the ONT?  Does it connect?

I agree that the ISP may be the best resource.  I have found that most ISP's have many technical support agents and that the agents vary in their ability to understand questions and provide useful information.  Perhaps calling again and being careful not to mention IPoE, explain what you are trying to do and how it fails.  The ISP must have countless customers who want to use their own router.

Is it correct to assume that the ONT was originally connect to a router provided by the ISP and you want to remove that router?

Message 10 of 12
AndreaPav
Aspirant

Ciao to all!

I've finally found the problem. My ISP use IPv6 and I had to manually enable it.

The provider is Sky, and the config is just DHCP + IPv6 + enable VLAN/Bridge with ID 101

Have a good day

Andrea

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7