Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR50 drops internet on 5 GHz only requiring reboot

rupertyip
Aspirant

RBR50 drops internet on 5 GHz only requiring reboot

My Orbi RBR50 (firmware V2.7.2.104) has been acting strange since the firmware update.  I noticed that the WiFi connection is strong for both 2.4 and 5 GHz but internet only works for the 2.4 GHz connections.  For example, my devices connected via 2.4 GHz connects to the internet but by devices that connect via 5 GHz (while still maintaining a strong WiFi signal) can't connect to the internet.  The fix is to reboot the Orbi (not the Comcast modem) and both 2.4 and 5 GHz connected devices work...until a a day or two the 5 GHz devices stop working (requiring a another reboot).  Both 2.4 and 5 GHz have the same SSID.

Has anyone come across this issue where the 5 GHz WiFi is strong but no internet while the 2.4 GHz is working fine?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR50 drops internet on 5 GHz only requiring reboot

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Also what is your NTP settings configured for? What time zone are you located in? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7