Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR50 vs Model RBK753S

RBR50 vs Model RBK753S

Hi 

I currently have the Orbi RBR50  (2 satellite) that was purchased from costco several years ago.  My cable provider  has been providing me 940 Mbps to 1 gig internet speeds via ethernet to my mac.  I am seeing about 200- 300 Mbps throughout  the house via my orbi. However please keep in mind i have about 40-50 connected devices in my home.  I was thinking i would upgrade to Orbi mesh wifi 6 RBK73S in hopes i could capitalize on that 940 speeds i am not seeing via wifi. 

So my question is how does the RBR50 compare to the RBK753S?  Do you believe upgrading would help with seeing additional wifi speeds that i am not seeing ?  

Last question if i upgraded how would i set up the new orbi without having to reconnect every device in my house one by one ? 

Thank You

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

If you upgraded, just name the new network with the same ssid/password as the old and they should all reconnect. I do it all the time. 

in terms of performance, you might not see much/any benefit in speeds unless you have AX devices. Otherwise its more about how the AX spec handles concurrent devices. What I mean is the wireless device you use (phone/tablet/etc) is usually the limiting factor.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If you upgraded, just name the new network with the same ssid/password as the old and they should all reconnect. I do it all the time. 

in terms of performance, you might not see much/any benefit in speeds unless you have AX devices. Otherwise its more about how the AX spec handles concurrent devices. What I mean is the wireless device you use (phone/tablet/etc) is usually the limiting factor.  

Message 2 of 5

Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
BiGMERF
Apprentice

you barely will see any wireless improvement if any at all...

if your not having any issues with your current setup, i would just stay put

Message 4 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

@socialworker00 wrote:

Hi 

So my question is how does the RBR50 compare to the RBK753S?  Do you believe upgrading would help with seeing additional wifi speeds that i am not seeing ?  

Last question if i upgraded how would i set up the new orbi without having to reconnect every device in my house one by one ? 

Thank You

I just upgraded from an RBK53 system to an RBK753S system. I have seen considerable speed increase, including the way websites come up in my browser, hi def video playback and more. VOIP is way better and 4k streaming has no issues at all anymore. I never had a complaint with my RBK53 system, as it was rock stable and fast, but the RBK753 is a noticeable improvement. I attribute it to the fact that the backhaul is faster and it has better traffic handling.

So with my system having a total of 24 devices, including, TVs, Android boxes, game consoles, laptops and PCs, tablets, printers, phones, Echo smart devices and more, they benefit from faster throughput and handling.

I also have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ and a laptop that benefit from the WIFI 6. I can definitely see the difference there. 

With all that said, each install may vary, because of bandwidth plan, conditions, wiring, devices etc. But I am very happy I upgraded.

You would probably see a difference as you have fast internet and that's where these more powerful Orbi mesh systems shine.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7