Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 - Devices disconnect from satellite and require Wi-Fi reconnection

NicolasSiver
Aspirant

RBR750 - Devices disconnect from satellite and require Wi-Fi reconnection

Hello Community,

Looks like I'm a bit late with this question for Netgear Support. I have bought Orbi AX4200 Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System (RBK752-100NAS) at the end of November 2020. Before writing to the Support, I have observed weird behavior for connected devices like Playstation 4, Playstation 5, and LG C8PUA (TV).

Problem: devices will become disconnected from the Wi-Fi network. For example, for Playstation 4, from time to time, after turn-on of the device, reconnecting to the Wi-Fi network would be required, and "Retry" functionality would not help, I would need to re-input the password for the network.

Similar behavior I can observe with TV. When watching, the TV suddenly would become disconnected from the Wi-Fi network. Retry would not help. But If I re-enter Wi-FI credentials, the TV reconnects and can stay connected for a random amount of hours/days.

Important to mention, that I had previously Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi Router (R7800), and did not have issues like this. The router position was the same, in a moment I will describe the setup. The main reason I switched to Orbi because I hoped that house coverage will be better since I had some very far dead spots with the previous router.

After observing behaviors, my main theory that something is wrong with Satellite. Because technically impacted devices would connect to Satellite.

Here is a setup:

The router is in the most left-wing of the house. The satellite is in the living room. The distance between them is ~30-32 feet. They are on the same floor. Distance between TV/Consoles and Satellite is around ~8-10 feet. Yesterday, I have moved Satellite to the second floor, a bit further from the main router, now it's around ~45 feet, Backhaul Status is also Good there.

Any recommendations could you give me to improve connectivity for the devices in the Living room?

Technical Details

Hardware Version: RBR750
Firmware Version: V3.2.16.22_1.4.9
2.4GHz/5GHz - both enabled

2.4GHz Channel: 06

5GHz Channel: 48

5GHz Settings:

Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings (5GHz a/n/ac/ax): True

CTS/RTS Threshold (1-2347): 2347

Preamble Mode: Automatic

Transmit Power Control: 100%

2.4GHz Settings:

Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence: True

Enable WMM (Wi-Fi multimedia) settings (2.4GHz b/g/n/ax): True

CTS/RTS Threshold (1-2347): 2347

Preamble Mode: Automatic

Transmit Power Control: 100%

Physical:

House: 3200 sq.ft.

Neighbors quite far: 100-200 feets

Let me know if you need any other details.

Thanks,

Nicolas

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 - Devices disconnect from satellite and require Wi-Fi reconnection

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

You might also try updating FW as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBR750-RBS750-Series-Firmware-Version-v3-2-17-12-Releas...

Message 2 of 4
NicolasSiver
Aspirant

Tried to switch power output to 50%. It made everything way worse. TV would disconnect after a few minutes.

As for the firmware, it is not available in Admin Dashboard for an upgrade. Is it released for public use?

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, you can use the link to get it and manually install it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7