Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 Is Slow and Refuses To Connect To Certain Websites After A Power Outage

McJones9631
Aspirant

RBR750 Is Slow and Refuses To Connect To Certain Websites After A Power Outage

When I purchased this Orbi system new, the setup apparently had an issue where some websites worked fine, but others did not, and certain devices could not connect at all. Netgear resolved this on their end somehow and said it was a bad setup and did not elaborate. We did not have an issue after that point. However, our power was out for an extended period of time, and now that the power is back on, the issue has come back. The Orbi app will not connect to the router, but speed tests on my laptop thats connected say 356 download and 23 upload average. My desktop says less, at 25 download and 3 upload. Websites like Facebook and Discord have connectivity issues again, and if I try to send a text off my phone the rest of the WiFi lags out. There are no available firmware updates, and restarting the whole system did nothing. What can I do to get our Internet back again?

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR750 Is Slow and Refuses To Connect To Certain Websites After A Power Outage

What modem/gateway is the orbi connected to? 

What firmware is on the orbi? 

Do you know what their prior "fix" was? 

Message 2 of 3
McJones9631
Aspirant

Re: RBR750 Is Slow and Refuses To Connect To Certain Websites After A Power Outage

It's hooked up to Comcast Business's modem. Firmware version is V4.6.5.14. Netgear support refused to tell me what happened during setup they were able to fix on their end, rather pushed me to buy their extended warranty. The most they said was that something caused the setup to not work properly, and it was resolved through their end.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7