Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR750 Lagging When Downloading

tony3425
Aspirant

RBR750 Lagging When Downloading

I purchased the AX4200 RBR750 a year ago from Costco.  I have run into a problem where anytime I start a download on my computer(which is hardwired into main unit), Other devices will lag, whether it be my wife who is streaming on twitch, or even my computer if I am watching something on Netflix.  Be both have brand new top of the line computers, We have 400mb internet, so I am at a loss. My Orbi has the most recent firmware downloaded, so does anyone have any suggestions, or causes for this? Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

what firmware is on the router? 

what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

You have 400mbps service but is the hardwired in computer maxing out that connection when its downloading? if it is, you would expect your other devices to lag as it'd be saturating your bandwidth. 

As soon as its done downloading, your lag/issues resolve?

Message 2 of 4
tony3425
Aspirant

Current firmware version is v4.6.5.14

The modem is Spectrum's Arris SB8200 Reb 6 Docsis 3.1 

How do I know if it's maxing out the bandwidth?  Let me also add, that if my son tries downloading something on his xbox, it will do the same thing to her stream.

If these tasks are maxing out the bandwidth, are there settings within the router to prevent this? I would assume that having 400mbps speed should prevent this from happening, but I guess not?  Again, thank you for any help with this.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

What wireless devices are you using and have connected when your downloading and streaming? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7