Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 Loses wireless satellites in AP Mode

Brown0
Aspirant

RBR750 Loses wireless satellites in AP Mode

Hello everyone,

This looks like a great community with a lot of helpful info, but I can't seem to find the solution to my problem.

I have a new RBK753 system; one RBR and two RBS. I intend to have the RBR installed wired behind a Ubiquiti Edgerouter in AP mode with wireless backhaul to the two RBS. 

Initially, I set up the RBR using the web interface hardwired to avoid having to jump through hoops hooking up to the internet and having to set up the app, and placed it in AP mode under the Advanced Settings tab. Doing so had the RBR in AP mode in minutes and was working great, by itself. However - The two satellites would not connect wirelessly. Neither using the buttons or using the web interface for the RBR side, no go.

I've tried factory resets on everything, tried installing using the app in router mode as intended from the box, tried keeping the default SSID and passwords, tried moving them closer and a lot of back and forth between Router and AP modes but the two situations I have consistently despite the other factors:

1. In AP mode, RBS will not connect wirelessly to RBR.

2. In Router mode, both RBS connect wirelessly to RBR as intended.

Furthermore, both RBS will connect using wired backhaul to the RBR in either AP or Router mode. I have 

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 Loses wireless satellites in AP Mode

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
Brown0
Aspirant

Thank you. I have posted to that forum. Feel free to close/delete this thread.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

How do you have the RBR connected to the host router in AP mode? It should be connected using the Yellow WAN port on the back of the RBR.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What is seen on the RBRs web page in AP mode for the RBS? Anything? 

Seems like the RBS are not getting a IP address from the host router possibly. Are you first connecting the RBS while in the same room as the RBR? 

@Brown0 wrote:

Hello everyone,

This looks like a great community with a lot of helpful info, but I can't seem to find the solution to my problem.

I have a new RBK753 system; one RBR and two RBS. I intend to have the RBR installed wired behind a Ubiquiti Edgerouter in AP mode with wireless backhaul to the two RBS. 

Initially, I set up the RBR using the web interface hardwired to avoid having to jump through hoops hooking up to the internet and having to set up the app, and placed it in AP mode under the Advanced Settings tab. Doing so had the RBR in AP mode in minutes and was working great, by itself. However - The two satellites would not connect wirelessly. Neither using the buttons or using the web interface for the RBR side, no go.

I've tried factory resets on everything, tried installing using the app in router mode as intended from the box, tried keeping the default SSID and passwords, tried moving them closer and a lot of back and forth between Router and AP modes but the two situations I have consistently despite the other factors:

1. In AP mode, RBS will not connect wirelessly to RBR.

2. In Router mode, both RBS connect wirelessly to RBR as intended.

Furthermore, both RBS will connect using wired backhaul to the RBR in either AP or Router mode. I have 

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7