Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 Slow Upload Speed

WakaWaka22
Aspirant

RBR750 Slow Upload Speed

Please help!!

For whatever reason within the last week, I have lost all of my upload speed.  Prior to this taking place, I was consistenly receiving more than 50mbps and recently it has been ranging between 0.05 and 2.5 mbps.  My download speed has been excellent and consistently topping out north of 500 mbps.  I have done multiple resets on both my modem and router with no luck.  Both my wife and I work from home and this is only going to get worse. Details below on what I am using. 

Yesterday I did a manual update on the app for FW v.3.2.16.22 and for whatever reason the speedtest on the app is not showing a connecting either.  Upon calling Wow, they indicated that the numbers looked good on their end and that because I have my own router, there is nothing they could test against.  What a mess.  Be kind, I am somewhat of a novice here.

Internet:  Wow 1GB Plan

My Orbi is currently at firmware 3.2.16.22 

Modem - Arris Surfboard SB8200

Manual channel setting is 1 on 2.4 Ghz
WPA2-PSK (AES) Security

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
WakaWaka22
Aspirant

Re: RBR750 Slow Upload Speed

Thank you!!  Def was the firmware that needed to be updated.  Ran a speed test and obtained 768 down and 35 up.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend manually downloading and manually updating to v12 which is more recent than the v22 version. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBR750-RBS750-Series-Firmware-Version-v3-2-17-12-Releas...

Review the release notes...

Use a wired PC or laptop and web browswer to apply the FW to the RBS first then RBR lastly.

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 3 of 6
WakaWaka22
Aspirant

Thank you for the feedback.  Will do the manual download and share back the results.

Our home is ~3,200 sq ft and the they are as close to 30ft apart as possible.  Up until this past week, I have never had issues to date on the download / upload speed

Message 4 of 6
WakaWaka22
Aspirant

Thank you!!  Def was the firmware that needed to be updated.  Ran a speed test and obtained 768 down and 35 up.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. 

Enjoy. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation