Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 and two sats.

Toughguy5
Guide

RBR750 and two sats.

Firmware Version: V4.6.8.5_2.1.9    

RBR750 and 2 sats

my wife called to say internet went down at 12:45pm today. i called comcast and they confirmed inter was up and no issues were detected on my line. when got home my Orbi was online but no devices were able to get online. when i got home the orbi app was updated and i used this to restore the orbi. it when ok, i can access the router through the app now. but the many devices still wont connect have 65 devices and the number of devices goes up and then down. i am watching this happen. i have tried to reboot the Orbi, reset the orbi and nothing is working right now. family cannot watch tv or stream. nothing is working right. what else can i do ?  thanks.

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 and two sats.

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 7
Toughguy5
Guide

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Product Type:XB7

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?

YES.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

completed many times.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

3000sq.

What is the distance between the router and 

satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS

to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

From the router to the satellites is about 35 feet to each ORBI also in a  triangle shape form . house is wood framed.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.

this is correct and done.

not to many WIFI people in the neighborhood.

thank you.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Your ISP Modem already has a built in router and wifi. This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Message 4 of 7
Toughguy5
Guide

my bad, Comcast modem is already in bridge mode.   i just tried to factory reset the Orbi router and now the App dont work anymore and my devices are still getting on and falling off.

Message 5 of 7
Toughguy5
Guide

update: 

as of now no more then 31 devices will connect, they will drop off and keep trying. I cannot use this ORBI since it wont allow all my devices to connect, I just don't know why. back to Costco you will go if no fix is available ...

has anybody tried these...

NETGEAR - Orbi AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Mesh System, One Year Advanced Internet Security Included

Item  1616261

Model  RBK763S

can anybody recommend something different and better ?

Message 6 of 7
Toughguy5
Guide

i have returned this Model  RBK763S back to Costco. way to may problems.

thanks.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7