Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR750 connectivity issues resolved by switching LAN port on M/B

FieryAvenger
Aspirant

RBR750 connectivity issues resolved by switching LAN port on M/B

Like many of you, I've been having connectivity issues after Netgear introduced a FW update a few months back.  Specifically, I would lose connectivity after large downloads, which were mostly game updates..  Nothing recommended by Netgear or the community would solve this problem.  After putting up with the issue for a couple months, i decided to try downloading large files on my wife's computer, and to my surprise, no issues.  Luckily, our computers are practically identical, with the exception of the built-in ethernet.  Her M/B has an Intel 1Gbps, while mine has both a 1Gbps and 2.5Gbps.  I was using the 2.5Gbps LAN, so after i switched to the 1Gbps, the issues stopped.  It's been a month without issue, so i can confidently say, at least for me, the firmware introduced some compatibility issues with the 2.5Gbps LAN.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would check the LAN adapter driver on your PC. The 7 series systems does not have any 2.5Gb LAN ports. Possible some incompatbility with your 2.5Gb LAN port adapter and the LAN ports on the RBR750. 

@FieryAvenger wrote:

Like many of you, I've been having connectivity issues after Netgear introduced a FW update a few months back.  Specifically, I would lose connectivity after large downloads, which were mostly game updates..  Nothing recommended by Netgear or the community would solve this problem.  After putting up with the issue for a couple months, i decided to try downloading large files on my wife's computer, and to my surprise, no issues.  Luckily, our computers are practically identical, with the exception of the built-in ethernet.  Her M/B has an Intel 1Gbps, while mine has both a 1Gbps and 2.5Gbps.  I was using the 2.5Gbps LAN, so after i switched to the 1Gbps, the issues stopped.  It's been a month without issue, so i can confidently say, at least for me, the firmware introduced some compatibility issues with the 2.5Gbps LAN.

Message 2 of 4
Talk2Mike
Apprentice

Odd issue with network connectivity using a LAN connection can occur when auto negotiation of link speed and duplex are set. It can be exacerbated depending on the LAN chip-set used. On the PC try and set the speed and duplex to a fixed value of not more than the maximum both ports can achieve.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@FieryAvenger wrote:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7