Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR750 drops wifi broadcast

scoboo
Guide

RBR750 drops wifi broadcast

I own an Orbi RBR750 router device and two satellites.
The router is about 18 feet from one satellite and about 40-50 feet from the other satellite. Our home is approximately 2600sf.
We pay for Gigablast from Cox.
The Internet Speed feature on my Orbi app says bandwidth was over 900mbps download on July 29. As of Aug 13, the Orbi app sa9d it was 560mbps download.
When I run a speedtest on my MacBook, speed is about 20mbps. This deterioration has happened within about two weeks.
My ISP cannot figure out the problem and said I should get a new modem. I own a Netgear modem (CM1100) but purchased a CM1200 to check if there was a modem issue. It's fairly clear there isn't a modem issue and that it's likely a Cox equipment issue. BUT, how is the Orbi able to measure what seems to be a phantom internet speed??
The Orbi device and modem are less than 8 months old. The system has been working as expected for the past 8 months!
Also, I've disabled the Traffic Meter setting, based on something I read in a Netgear forum. And I've also done a hard reset.
FW = 4.6.3.7

Anyone got ideas or feedback?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR750 drops wifi broadcast

18 feet to too close between the RBR and the one RBS. What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. 

Use a wired PC and Ooklas installable speed test app to test speeds. The RBRs speed test app and Orbi app are giving inaccurate speed results. 

Try disabling AX mode on the RBR. 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7