Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR752

TourBusGuy
Aspirant

RBR752

I just replaced my older Orbi RBR50 with the newer Orbi RBR752.
I want to use my two older RBR50 Satellites, but they won't connect to the newer router. I tried to reset them. One did connect for a short time & then dropped out. Are the older RBR50 Satellites compatible, or do I need to buy more RBR750's?
Thanks....
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

They are not wirelessly compatible with Orbi AX. You can however connect them via ethernet wire. 

@TourBusGuy wrote:
I want to use my two older RBR50 Satellites, but they won't connect to the newer router. I tried to reset them. One did connect for a short time & then dropped out. Are the older RBR50 Satellites compatible, or do I need to buy more RBR750's?
Thanks....

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

They are not wirelessly compatible with Orbi AX. You can however connect them via ethernet wire. 

@TourBusGuy wrote:
Thanks....

Message 3 of 5
TourBusGuy
Aspirant

I wondered if that would work...I may just buy one more new satellite, as it would cost a fair amount to pay someone to run the cables.
Thank you kindly!!!
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation