Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 AX6000 System Startup Issues with DNS and browser refreshes

RBR850 AX6000 System Startup Issues with DNS and browser refreshes

I am posting here because my problems and solution have ended up in a different discussion with a not obviously appropriate title.  After the usual startup problems, I was having a consistent problem with fairly frequent (at least a few times an hour) of not recognizing the Domain Name Server.  A refresh would always fix it. That is, my browser could not find the link I clicked on. After extensive discussions with Netgear and also on this foum, the router was replaced but did not resolve the problem.  However, beta version V223 did completely resolve the problem.   

My other problem was occasional  (hourly perhaps) incomplete browser pages. Usually some or all of the picture icons were missing. A refresh would always fix it.  I tried cutting down the MTU size, no joy. But someone here suggested I replace the modem. I have been on a new Spectrum modem for close to a week and no problems at all!!   The modem is curiously absent markings. Says Spectrum, and PC15 on the back.  My old Arris modem was quite old, maybe 5 years. I am running 200mbps speed.

Just want to thank the Netgear community for all their help.  Netgear was always ready to talk with me, but it took a combination of their help and help here to get me in good working order.  I will mark this as a solution when the app lets me do that.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions

I just had a browser refresh issue but am still going to mark this as solved as I'm guessing an occasional browser display will fail.  At any rate, it appears much improved, and I am out of things to do to improve it, LOL!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 
Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy.

Message 2 of 7

I just had a browser refresh issue but am still going to mark this as solved as I'm guessing an occasional browser display will fail.  At any rate, it appears much improved, and I am out of things to do to improve it, LOL!

Message 3 of 7

...a few minutes later.  The browser refresh problem is back  with multiple sites, etc.  I  haven't a clue.  Nothing else to try.  I'll  reboot everything. I can live with it, not sure it is related to anything here.  

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? Does this happen with MS Edge, FireFox or Opera? 

Be sure to clear out all browser caches, close the browser then re-open. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 5 of 7

Will collect answers and get back here.  On the Spectrum modem, there is no brand name. It has "Spectrum" inprinted in its black plastic case and a sticker. The stick has MAC addresses, S/N,  "PC15",  Factory id UDC 112120.  In looking at the Spectrum site, I think it is a Spectrum DOCSIS 3.1 eMTA.  

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Probably a Hitron EV..something model. I think. Smiley Embarassed

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements