Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 Firmware V3.2.17.12_1.4.14

rtrueman
Aspirant

RBR850 Firmware V3.2.17.12_1.4.14

I manually updated my RBR850 and Satellite with the 3.2.17.12 firmware and having random disconnects since. Anyone else? This is the first time I've run into issues in the 6+ months that I've used it. 

RT

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Firmware V3.2.17.12_1.4.14

Has a reset and setup from scratch been performed since update? 

Is Traffic Meter enabled? If so, disable this...

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 8
rtrueman
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply! I've rebooted, but not reset and setup from scratch. Is that really needed for every firmware upgrade? Yikes! No, the traffic meter is off (double-checked to make sure). I'm connected directly to my Verizon FIOS ONT. 

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Sometimes yes.

Is there any router built in to the ONT or is it just a ONT only? 

Message 4 of 8
rtrueman
Aspirant

Okay, I'll rebuild if it keeps happening. It shouldn't be too bad.

I don't know about the ONT. I assume so as it's working without the cable router. We had Verizon make changes to the ONT years back as we weren't using the cable boxes and I purchased my own router. I didn't realize it worked without the router until I mistakenly hooked up the Orbi system, got it working, and realized the Verizon modem was sitting on the kitchen table. Oops! 

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Well hopefully it's not needed. 

Be sure to save off a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 8
tak1313
Luminary

@rtrueman wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I've rebooted, but not reset and setup from scratch. Is that really needed for every firmware upgrade? Yikes! No, the traffic meter is off (double-checked to make sure). I'm connected directly to my Verizon FIOS ONT. 

Out of curiosity, did you do a 'soft reboot' - use the reboot function in the app or gui - or a 'hard reboot' with the button or better yet, completely pulling the power cord for a minute?

Message 7 of 8
rtrueman
Aspirant

All of the above. First a soft reboot from the App using Access Anywhere. After, it appeared that the majority of traffic was on the satellite. I pulled the power on the satellite, then the router. Plugged the router back in, then the satellite and it worked well for a few hours. Another outage hit later in the day that resolved with a soft reboot from the app. So far so good. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7