Reply

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

DPirkl
Tutor

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

 
Message 101 of 362
DPirkl
Tutor

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

Wouldn't it nice if NG added the ability to turn off auto update on the app!

Message 102 of 362
DBV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

Yes - never seen anything that does not have that.  Figure that one out.

Message 103 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

People have asked about this even with Orbi AC. Orbi seems to be the only one not to offer disabling of auto updates. I wish they had this feature too. Something to comment on here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/Orbi-System-Disable-automatic-firmware-updat...


@DPirkl wrote:

Wouldn't it nice if NG added the ability to turn off auto update on the app!


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router RBK953 (Router Mode) 2.5Gb Wired Backhaul | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | XR1000 (Router Mode) and RBK853 AP Mode  | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700

Message 104 of 362
Tangmu
Star

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

After the March 9 update, I had intermittent problems with 3 of my 6 wifi cameras, a Sonos 5 streamer, a Thinkpad connecting to an Epson printer, and an iPad maintaing connection to the WiFi.

 

I reverted to the RBR850-V3.1.5.23_1.0.46 firmware - same issues.  I followed all the steps, changed the RTS/CTS registers, turned off auto-update through telnet, and so on.

 

BTW, why do I have to factory reset and then spend 45 minutes entering all my settings, including fixed IP addresses?  Why can't the firmware manage to update and keep my settings?  

 

Then I put my AC3000 back on line, let it update to the latest firmware, and:

- all my cameras stream properly

- The Sonos works again

- The Thinkpad can communcate with the printer

- The iPad maintains a solid WiFi connection

 

I regret spending $700 on this AX6000, which I spent hours trying to get working, can no longer return, and can unload for maybe $350 online if I'm lucky.

Message 105 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

Try making a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time for when factory resets are needed. 


@Tangmu wrote:

After the March 9 update, I had intermittent problems with 3 of my 6 wifi cameras, a Sonos 5 streamer, a Thinkpad connecting to an Epson printer, and an iPad maintaing connection to the WiFi.

 

I reverted to the RBR850-V3.1.5.23_1.0.46 firmware - same issues.  I followed all the steps, changed the RTS/CTS registers, turned off auto-update through telnet, and so on.

 

BTW, why do I have to factory reset and then spend 45 minutes entering all my settings, including fixed IP addresses?  Why can't the firmware manage to update and keep my settings?  

 

Then I put my AC3000 back on line, let it update to the latest firmware, and:

- all my cameras stream properly

- The Sonos works again

- The Thinkpad can communcate with the printer

- The iPad maintains a solid WiFi connection

 

I regret spending $700 on this AX6000, which I spent hours trying to get working, can no longer return, and can unload for maybe $350 online if I'm lucky.


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router RBK953 (Router Mode) 2.5Gb Wired Backhaul | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | XR1000 (Router Mode) and RBK853 AP Mode  | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700

Message 106 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

I see NG just posted v10.11 acutal files for download:

https://kb.netgear.com/000061769/RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-3-2-10-11

 

Users may want to download these and apply them manually using IE11 or FireFox. I highly recommend a factory reset on the entire system after the RBS and RBR have been updated with these files. RBS first, then RBR lastly. Set up from scratch.

Be sure to check your CTS and RTS values. If they are at 64, please change both to 2347. Reboot both RBR and wireless devices. 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router RBK953 (Router Mode) 2.5Gb Wired Backhaul | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | XR1000 (Router Mode) and RBK853 AP Mode  | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700

Message 107 of 362
Tangmu
Star

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

I've seen lots of recommendations saying to not restore from backup - re-enter all the info from scratch.


@FURRYe38 wrote:

Try making a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time for when factory resets are needed. 


@Tangmu wrote:

 

 

BTW, why do I have to factory reset and then spend 45 minutes entering all my settings, including fixed IP addresses?  Why can't the firmware manage to update and keep my settings?  

 

 


 


 

Message 108 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

After you factory reset and setup from scratch and get it all setup. Make a backup configuration to file. This can be used anytime for the version of FW that you made the back up ON. It's not recommended to restore this back when you downgrade or upgrade FW. Changes or differences in FW may cause some incompatibilities with users configurations in other versions of backup files. So it's ok to restore while your using the same version of FW it was saved from. Not recommneded if the FW is different. 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router RBK953 (Router Mode) 2.5Gb Wired Backhaul | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | XR1000 (Router Mode) and RBK853 AP Mode  | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700

Message 109 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

Got word from a forum moderator. NG will be removing v10.11 from there update servers and from the support site. NG is still working on this. Please be patient.  

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router RBK953 (Router Mode) 2.5Gb Wired Backhaul | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | XR1000 (Router Mode) and RBK853 AP Mode  | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700

Message 110 of 362
ekhalil
Master

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

Seems that v3.2.10.11 was already removed from the upgrade server earlier today.

The latest available now is  v3.2.9.2

My Setup Internet Fiber ONT 250↓/250↑ISP Telenor | Wifi Router Orbi RBR850 + RBS850 + 2x RBS750 + 3xRBS350, Wired/Wireless BH / Orbi RBR50 + 6x RBS50 + RBS40V + RBS50Y, Wired/Wireless BH | Switches NG GS208Time Zone CET (Sweden)

Message 111 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

The link I posted is still active. Smiley Indifferent

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router RBK953 (Router Mode) 2.5Gb Wired Backhaul | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | XR1000 (Router Mode) and RBK853 AP Mode  | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700

Message 112 of 362
ekhalil
Master

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

Yes, but if you check the Firmware Update in the web GUI then the latest update that you will now see is to v3.2.9.2 🙂

 


@FURRYe38 wrote:

The link I posted is still active. Smiley Indifferent


 

My Setup Internet Fiber ONT 250↓/250↑ISP Telenor | Wifi Router Orbi RBR850 + RBS850 + 2x RBS750 + 3xRBS350, Wired/Wireless BH / Orbi RBR50 + 6x RBS50 + RBS40V + RBS50Y, Wired/Wireless BH | Switches NG GS208Time Zone CET (Sweden)

Message 113 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

Well thats good. Glad they removed it then. 

Would be good if some could try upgrading to the v10.1 version. I didn't see anyone having issues with that version. 


Thank you for confirming v10.11 isn't on the auto update server. 


@ekhalil wrote:

Yes, but if you check the Firmware Update in the web GUI then the latest update that you will now see is to v3.2.9.2 🙂

 


@FURRYe38 wrote:

The link I posted is still active. Smiley Indifferent


 


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router RBK953 (Router Mode) 2.5Gb Wired Backhaul | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | XR1000 (Router Mode) and RBK853 AP Mode  | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700

Message 114 of 362
DBV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

So, I just reset my Orbi's and Firmware is V3.2.10.11_1.2.12.  Did I do something wrong, as thought it would drop down to another firmware?  Thanks!

Message 115 of 362
ekhalil
Master

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

You need to downgrade your Orbi. Please download the firmware from https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK852.aspx#download

 


@DBV wrote:

So, I just reset my Orbi's and Firmware is V3.2.10.11_1.2.12.  Did I do something wrong, as thought it would drop down to another firmware?  Thanks!


 

My Setup Internet Fiber ONT 250↓/250↑ISP Telenor | Wifi Router Orbi RBR850 + RBS850 + 2x RBS750 + 3xRBS350, Wired/Wireless BH / Orbi RBR50 + 6x RBS50 + RBS40V + RBS50Y, Wired/Wireless BH | Switches NG GS208Time Zone CET (Sweden)

Message 116 of 362
DBV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST


@ekhalil wrote:

You need to downgrade your Orbi. Please download the firmware from https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK852.aspx#download

 


@DBV wrote:

So, I just reset my Orbi's and Firmware is V3.2.10.11_1.2.12.  Did I do something wrong, as thought it would drop down to another firmware?  Thanks!


 


Thank you.  I have never done this before.  Do I have down the main and satellite?  Or just the main?

Message 117 of 362
cruisencode
Apprentice

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

Don't bother downgrading the firmware.  It keeps updating to V3.2.9.2 every night and I have to keep downgrading every day to fix the issue.

Message 118 of 362
ekhalil
Master

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

Correct. The system will automatically update to the latest available firmware. The latest in the update servers now is v3.2.9.2.

 


@cruisencode wrote:

Don't bother downgrading the firmware.  It keeps updating to V3.2.9.2 every night and I have to keep downgrading every day to fix the issue.


 

My Setup Internet Fiber ONT 250↓/250↑ISP Telenor | Wifi Router Orbi RBR850 + RBS850 + 2x RBS750 + 3xRBS350, Wired/Wireless BH / Orbi RBR50 + 6x RBS50 + RBS40V + RBS50Y, Wired/Wireless BH | Switches NG GS208Time Zone CET (Sweden)

Message 119 of 362
DBV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST


@ekhalil wrote:

Correct. The system will automatically update to the latest available firmware. The latest in the update servers now is v3.2.9.2.

 


@cruisencode wrote:

Don't bother downgrading the firmware.  It keeps updating to V3.2.9.2 every night and I have to keep downgrading every day to fix the issue.


 


That is the one that works though - right?  I downgraded yesterday and is the one that I have.

Message 120 of 362
cruisencode
Apprentice

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST


@DBV wrote:


That is the one that works though - right?  I downgraded yesterday and is the one that I have.


Not for me.  I have V3.1.5.23, and that works fine.  As soon as it goes back to V3.2.9.2 (or V3.2.10.11) my issues return.

 

It makes no sense whatsoever why NG is still pushing this to our devices when it has been proven that it doesn't work for those of us that are having issues.  This is unacceptible and I'm almost ready to dump this $700 headache.

Message 121 of 362
DBV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST


@cruisencode wrote:

@DBV wrote:


That is the one that works though - right?  I downgraded yesterday and is the one that I have.


Not for me.  I have V3.1.5.23, and that works fine.  As soon as it goes back to V3.2.9.2 (or V3.2.10.11) my issues return.

 

It makes no sense whatsoever why NG is still pushing this to our devices when it has been proven that it doesn't work for those of us that are having issues.  This is unacceptible and I'm almost ready to dump this $700 headache.


That stinks then.  I just downgraded last night, so have not gotten to test it yet.  Why don't they pull this from their server and download site if it does not work and put the one on the site that does.  NG really needs to react quicker than what they are doing.  I work for a large company and if we did that to our customers, we would be getting calls every minute until it is fixed or reverted back.

Message 122 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

Id make contact with @Christian_R and see what they can do for you. 


@cruisencode wrote:

@DBV wrote:


That is the one that works though - right?  I downgraded yesterday and is the one that I have.


Not for me.  I have V3.1.5.23, and that works fine.  As soon as it goes back to V3.2.9.2 (or V3.2.10.11) my issues return.

 

It makes no sense whatsoever why NG is still pushing this to our devices when it has been proven that it doesn't work for those of us that are having issues.  This is unacceptible and I'm almost ready to dump this $700 headache.


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router RBK953 (Router Mode) 2.5Gb Wired Backhaul | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | XR1000 (Router Mode) and RBK853 AP Mode  | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700

Message 123 of 362
cruisencode
Apprentice

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST


@FURRYe38 wrote:

Id make contact with @Christian_R and see what they can do for you. 



I did that and he didn't actually do anything.  He just asked me a few questions.

Message 124 of 362
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Frequent Disconnects Starting March 9th AM EST

I recommend you downgrade to v3.1 then:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-Frequent-Disconnects-Starting-March-9th-AM-EST/m-p/1...

Or use the Orbi AX in AP mode with your prior router. 

 

Will need to be patient while NG works on this. 


@cruisencode wrote:



I did that and he didn't actually do anything.  He just asked me a few questions.


 

My Setup ISP SparkLight | Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Modem Mode |  Wifi Router RBK953 (Router Mode) 2.5Gb Wired Backhaul | Switches NG GS105/8, GS308v3, GS110MX and XS505M | XR1000 (Router Mode) and RBK853 AP Mode  | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CAX80/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi: CBK40, CBK752, RBK50, RBK853, RBK752, RBK953, SXK30 | NightHawk: MK63, R7000, R7800, R7960P, R8000, R8500, RAXE500, RAX50, XR450, EX7500/EX7700

Message 125 of 362
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E