Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 Reset Password console is just buggy

Zerrzio
Aspirant

RBR850 Reset Password console is just buggy

Hello,
The reset password console doesn't work correctly at all on both Chrome and Safari. It's a shame to provide a so bad and insecure web interface for a product of this price. I don't want to reset the router each time I need to change something. Even when I receive a mail saying the password has been changed it's not the case and all data are sent in clear.
Even Netgear ticketing system is buggy; I created a ticket yesterday but the confirmation page didn't contained a ticket number and I didn't received a confirmation e-mail.
Is Netgear working on this?
Regard,
Serge

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 Reset Password console is just buggy

Why are you trying to reset the admin PW? If you set up the admin PW during the initial setup wizard with a web browser and PC, and you have this PW set to memory and input the correct PW when you log in, the PW should work and shouldn't have to be reset. 

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 15 seconds, then let go. Power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds than back on. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

What FW version are you using?

Be sure you clear out all browser caches as well.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7