Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 System - Satellite Options

russellmoran99
Luminary

RBR850 System - Satellite Options

I am replacing my old RBR50 system with an RBR850 to improve performance.  I have 2 satellites and need a 3rd smaller one.  I have a few of the RBS50s and a wall satellite.  Will either of those work with the new RBR850?  Specifically the wall satellite.  If not, what is the least expensive way of adding to it?  I only need it for 1 room that just is too far away.  Thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 System - Satellite Options

IT was posted in the recent FW upate for the 7 series:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

The 8 series has not seen a v5.something update yet, which I'm not sure if it will get the same 3 series RBS support though I presume it might. Hard to day. If you want some additional signals, either find another RBS8 series or try the EAX80. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

RBS50s are not compatible with Orbi AX. I believe there was a recent FW update that mentioned that RBS350 series support. 

Another suggestion would be to install a EAX80 which will work as a wifi extender. 

Message 2 of 4
russellmoran99
Luminary

Do you know where I can find that information?  I want to verify that it will work so I am not wasting my time on it. Thank you for all the help.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

IT was posted in the recent FW upate for the 7 series:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-4...

The 8 series has not seen a v5.something update yet, which I'm not sure if it will get the same 3 series RBS support though I presume it might. Hard to day. If you want some additional signals, either find another RBS8 series or try the EAX80. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7