Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 WAN status

cmoccari
Aspirant

RBR850 WAN status

Just switch from a Ubiquiti setup to the Orbi 6 RBR850. Gigabit Fiber connection, with a CAT6 cable going from the fiber modem to the Orbi router, but I'm only seeing 100M/Full for the WAN port status. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBR850 WAN status

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Swap LAN cables between the ONT and RBR.

What happens if you connect a PC to the ONT directy. Do you see 100Mb or 1000Mb? 

Message 2 of 10
cmoccari
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

I'm on the latest firmware: V3.2.16.6_1.4.4

ONT is Adtran 401.

I've tried swapping CAT6 cables between the ONT and the Orbi router, and I'm still seeing 100M/Full for the WAN port.

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you connect a PC to the ONT directy. Do you see 100Mb or 1000Mb? 

Has a power OFF of the RBR and RBS for 30 seconds since last FW update been performed? 

Message 4 of 10
cmoccari
Aspirant

So going directly from the ONT to a gigabit switch, I'm getting 1000M. So it's not the ONT. I'm getting 100M on the Orbi WAN port going direclty to the ONT and also going to the gigabit switch. 

Is there a way to force 1000M on the Orbi? Why would it be auto-negotiating 100M?

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the mfr and model# of this swtich?

Sounds like the WAN port on the RBR is faulty. I would try another Orbi AX system and see if the problem continues or not. I hope not. 

Message 6 of 10
cmoccari
Aspirant

It's a Ubiquiti gigabit switch from my old setup. I am fairly certain that I have a bad WAN port on the Orbi. Going to return the thing to Amazon. 

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try another and see. 

Good luck. 

Message 8 of 10
cmoccari
Aspirant

Thanks for the help. Time to try something else. Maybe these WiFi 6 units are ready for primetime just yet.

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

No, this seems to be a isolated HW problem with your particular unit. Other users and mine are working well on the WAN port. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7