Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 - no access to interface

Dbensette
Tutor

Re: RBR850 - no access to interface

It came from the auto update. Then I found I was having the same issue as with previous version with losing the access. So I proceeded to do a factory reset.
Message 126 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this, download the RBS and RBR FW files:

https://kb.netgear.com/000062545/RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-3-2-16-22

Use Edge or Firefox and re-load the FW on to the RBS first, then RBR. After the FW has loaded on the RBS and RBR are back online, Press the resetting button on each for 15 seconds then release and setup the RBR using a web browser. Clear all browser caches. Walk thru the setup wizard at 192.168.1.1. 

Message 127 of 168
Dbensette
Tutor

Ok thanks, I will try that tomorrow. Sounds like I may not be the only one with this same issue, I will post again with my findings going forward.

Thanks again for your help.
Message 128 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya been seeing users with this issue.

IF all that doesn't fix this, i'd open up a support ticket and let NG know what you have done up to this point. 

Reference this forum thread as well...

Message 129 of 168
Dbensette
Tutor

Ok, I have done everything that was suggested. I manually reloaded the firmware, did a reset and set everything up through a browser.

So far so good for a few days now. I even have net gear Armor activated again with no issues.

Glad this fixed the issue, i just hope that future updates from netgear won’t need the same steps each time. 🙄
Message 130 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. 

Hopefully this will be fixed. 

@Dbensette wrote:
Ok, I have done everything that was suggested. I manually reloaded the firmware, did a reset and set everything up through a browser.

So far so good for a few days now. I even have net gear Armor activated again with no issues.

Glad this fixed the issue, i just hope that future updates from netgear won’t need the same steps each time. 🙄

Message 131 of 168
kevinroy1974
Tutor

So Just to update, my new one has not put a foot wrong since getting it, nothing at all still running and hasnt been off at all, can still access the interface on both mobile and laptop and its working fine. I havent changed anything in terms of what I did originally just no issues.

Good luck everyone.

Kevin

Message 132 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@kevinroy1974 wrote:

So Just to update, my new one has not put a foot wrong since getting it, nothing at all still running and hasnt been off at all, can still access the interface on both mobile and laptop and its working fine. I havent changed anything in terms of what I did originally just no issues.

Good luck everyone.

Kevin

Message 133 of 168
Olivier00786
Tutor

Hello everybody,

Something new ? 

On my side, the interface access was good even with IP reservations until a few days. I need to forced the restart (unplug, plug the routeur + satellite). After 1 day, the problem reappears.

With all the discussion we did in that long topic, what do thing I need to do step by step please ?

Thanks in advance.

Olivier

Message 134 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you updated to v12? 

I still have access to the RBR/RBS web pages and Orbi app still works fine. 

Basic Information
Firmware Version: V3.2.17.12_1.4.14

CPU Load: 11.58%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 471 MB/867 MB

System Uptime: 6 days 03:47:49

@Olivier00786 wrote:

Hello everybody,

Something new ? 

On my side, the interface access was good even with IP reservations until a few days. I need to forced the restart (unplug, plug the routeur + satellite). After 1 day, the problem reappears.

With all the discussion we did in that long topic, what do thing I need to do step by step please ?

Thanks in advance.

Olivier

Message 135 of 168
Olivier00786
Tutor

Hello,

I did a factory reset after the installation of the new firmware you mentionned.

I desactivate armor protection.

I put all my IP reservations.

I let you inform of the situation. (finger cross)

Have a good day.

Olivier

Message 136 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep us posted...

@Olivier00786 wrote:

Hello,

I did a factory reset after the installation of the new firmware you mentionned.

I desactivate armor protection.

I put all my IP reservations.

I let you inform of the situation. (finger cross)

Have a good day.

Olivier

Message 137 of 168
RocinanteRider
Aspirant

Adding my name to the list of people dealing with this issue.  Been in contact with NG Support and have an ongoing and open ticket right now.  Did the manual FW update for the router and sat, rebooted, and still having issues.  App and UI become inaccessible roughly 3-4 days after rebooting the system.  NG Support is recommending I do a factory reset, but I am hesitant to do that until they know what is causing the issue, plus I have 40+ connected devices and multiple address reservations.  I've backed-up my current config file, so I can restore from that if I decide to go the nuclear route of doing the factory reset, but I'm just not there yet.  Anyway, following this thread for now and hoping that NG pushes a FW update soon that fixes this issue.

Current app version iOS 2.8.1.0

Router and Satellite Firmware V3.2.17.12_1.4.14

Address Reservations - yes (six)

Message 138 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

I would reset and setup from scratch. Do not re-apply the back up configuration from file from a older snap shot from older FW. 

Walk thru the setup wizard and complete it. 

Be sure to clear out ALL browser caches before entering into the RBRs web page. 

Firmware Version: V3.2.17.12_1.4.14

CPU Load: 12.58%

Memory Usage(Used/Total): 492 MB/867 MB

System Uptime: 10 days 21:33:06

Still have access via web and orbi app on mine...

Message 139 of 168
RocinanteRider
Aspirant

*UPDATE*

So I opted to not do the NG Support recommended facotry reset.  Instead, I did the manual FW (v3.2.17.12_1.4.14) update on the satellite and router again (a reflash of the same version of the existing FW).  I had updated to this version of FW during my initial contact with NG Support, but I did it over a wifi connection and I've seen other posts recommending doing it via an ethernet connection to each device. 

For this attempt, I hardwired into the satellite first, update the FW manually, then proceeded to do the same with the router.  Once both were successfully completed, I powered off both devices, waiting a minute or two, and then powered on the router.  Once it came back online, I powered on the satellite.  

At first, the UI and app worked with no issues and I thought I was in the clear.  However, later that evening, probably within 2 or 3 hours of doing the manual update, the same issue appeared again.  I decided to walk away for the evening and didn't do much else until the next day when I tried logging in on the web UI and, amazingly, it worked again.  I had not changed anything with the configuration or had I rebooted the router.  I then tried the app and it worked too.  I've been checking daily, and as of about an hour ago, everything is still functioning without issue. 

I'll continue to monitor this issue, but fingers crossed that the manual, hard-wired FW flash fixed the issue.  I really didn't want to go the route of the factory reset if I could avoid it.

Message 140 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. 

Message 141 of 168
Olivier00786
Tutor

Hello everyone,

I have issues again even with the new firmware V3.2.17.12_1.4.14 (I did a factory reset before installing the new firmware).

I don't understand why the issues came again with the new firmware. Smiley Frustrated

Message 142 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? 

@Olivier00786 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have issues again even with the new firmware V3.2.17.12_1.4.14 (I did a factory reset before installing the new firmware).

I don't understand why the issues came again with the new firmware. Smiley Frustrated

Message 143 of 168
Olivier00786
Tutor

I am using many browser (Google Chrome with Windows 10, Safari with MacOS 10.13, Orbi App with iOS14) and all this browser won't give me the access to the main routeur.

I need to reboot manually (unplug, plug from the wall) the routeur to connect again to the interface.

Message 144 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you using orbilogin.com or 192.168.1.1 to access the RBRs web page? 

Please try a faotory reset and setup from scratch. 

Message 145 of 168
fangruoyuan
Guide

I have the same issue but only for wired satellite.

Message 146 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make contact with NG support regarding your problem. Seems like your the only one with this problem at this time. 

Good Luck. 

@fangruoyuan wrote:

I have the same issue but only for wired satellite.

Message 147 of 168
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? Were you able to regain access to the routers web page? 

@Olivier00786 wrote:

I am using many browser (Google Chrome with Windows 10, Safari with MacOS 10.13, Orbi App with iOS14) and all this browser won't give me the access to the main routeur.

I need to reboot manually (unplug, plug from the wall) the routeur to connect again to the interface.

Message 148 of 168
shafty023
Aspirant

I too am having the same issues. I have a case opened with Netgear and am supposedly getting a hardware replacement. Still waiting on an email confirming this hardware replacement though. 

Message 149 of 168
51Alan
Guide

I have an RBK753 that I've been using for almost six months, now running firmware V3.2.17.12_1.4.14.  Yesterday I suffered the same issue that you have been discussing -- no connection to the router on the Orbi app (both iPhone and iPad), no connection via browser on either a Mac connected to the router by ethernet or one connected wirelessly, either at Orbilogin.com or at 192.168.1.1.  All of my devices appear to be working fine.  The only recent changes that I can think of is that I changed the CTS from 64 to 2347 earlier in the week and yesterday morning I was suffering from excessive content blocking of Google search results on the Mac connected wirelessly so I removed Bitdefender from it.

Message 150 of 168
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7