Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBR850 not connecting RBS750 Satellite after switching to AP Mode

russellmoran99
Luminary

RBR850 not connecting RBS750 Satellite after switching to AP Mode

I purchased my RBR850 with 2 satellites and they work great.  I purchased RBS750 for my son's room and worked great until yesterday.  My RBR850 router function drops the connection from the internet every 2-3 days and needed to be restarted accordingly.  I replaced my router and put thr RBR850 into AP mode.  The RBS750 has been synching wirelessly but now will not.  I have even tried to move it about 3 feet and also have connected via wired backhaul.  I have done a factory reset and the 30-30-30 reset.  I am having no luck.  Can anyone assist?  All my other satellites are wired and work fine.  Thanks

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
russellmoran99
Luminary

SOLVED:

After updating all, I started reading a little more.  I saw folks using a pfSense router which I was as well.  One common denominator was making sure even though this was in AP mode, I still had to hook the WAN line from pfSense to the RBR850.  Once I did this, I rebooted the RBR850 and was able to connect the RBS750 both wired and wirelessly.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Message 2 of 12
russellmoran99
Luminary

As far as I know the latest. I ran a firmware update prior to moving to AP mode and everything said it was up to date. I currently can’t login to see if as it’s not connecting.
Message 3 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Need to check to make sure the RBS750 is on same version of FW. 

Can you connect the RBS750 to the back of the RBRs LAN port using a LAN cable to see if it connects? 

Turn OFF the other RBS's while working with the 750 RBS.

Message 4 of 12
russellmoran99
Luminary

How do it do this when I can’t get it to connect? I do not know how to login to it since it doesn’t connect. Any advice is appreciated.
Message 5 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

If you ethernet connect the RBS to the back of the RBR, see if the the RBS gets a IP address from the RBR. If it does, try to log into the RBS web page using it's  IP address in a web browser, log in maybe admin and >password< if it doesn't fully sync to the RBR. 

Message 6 of 12
russellmoran99
Luminary

@FURRYe38 

It did not sync, I had to use the admin-->password to log in

The RBS750 is on 

Hardware Version: RBS750
Firmware Version : V4.6.3.16

RBR850
Model Name Device Name Current Firmware Version Status
RouterRBR850RBR850V4.6.3.16No Internet
Satellite Orbi Satellite Russ No Internet
SatelliteRBS850Orbi Satellite BedroomV4.6.3.16No Internet
SatelliteRBS850Orbi Satellite KuhnV4.6.3.16No Internet
Message 7 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 12
russellmoran99
Luminary

@FURRYe38 

All satellites are updated.  I'm about to update the RBR850.  What is the next step?

Message 9 of 12
russellmoran99
Luminary

@FURRYe38 

All has been updated.  I have tried to add the RBS750 both wired and wireless and it fails.  I have also did the 30-30-30 reset on the RBS750 prior to adding it.  Failed.  Please advise and thank you.

Message 10 of 12
russellmoran99
Luminary

SOLVED:

After updating all, I started reading a little more.  I saw folks using a pfSense router which I was as well.  One common denominator was making sure even though this was in AP mode, I still had to hook the WAN line from pfSense to the RBR850.  Once I did this, I rebooted the RBR850 and was able to connect the RBS750 both wired and wirelessly.

Message 11 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7