Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR850 v RBR960

Electric1
Tutor

RBR850 v RBR960

Hello All,

Is there much difference between the RBR960 and the RBR850 for those that have tried and used both?  I have the RBR850 with 3 satellites now, and considering moving to the RBR960.  My connection is vital and every drop out or router crash, or negotiation issue costs me money!

I know one has 6E and the other only 6 etc etc, but I mean in terms of is the backhaul connection better, is the overall firmware, experience, or anything else better?

I'm having negotiation issues with the router port and I know the RBR960 has a 10gb as well which should help.

I totally appreciate it's probably a ridiculous upgrade path for most, but wanted to check what other benefits there may be in going that route.

I assume the 850 and 960 sateiles/routers don't work with each other?  Even if it did I wouldn't get the backhaul benefit I guess anyway.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: RBR850 v RBR960

Not sure what I'd recommend for business class stuff as I mainly focus on the consumer side. I'd post in the business forum and ask for recommendations. Go over your complete setup, your home size and whats its made from. Those are kind of key

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If this is affecting your business, instead of looking at the consumer equipment, I'd be looking the business level of equipment. Especially if it's costing you money. The business side tends to be more responsive and their firmware pushes tend to be a bit more stable. 

I've used the 7 and the 9 series and I don't know if I'd call 9 series more stable. 

What modem/gateway do you have your 8 series connected to?

Message 2 of 5
Electric1
Tutor

Thanks for the reply! Which business equipment would you suggest? The business versions of the 850 appeared to be the same equipment with different software so I didn’t bother initially. But having seen the state of the firmware issue in here maybe that was a mistake.

I currently have this ONT with the 10gbps port enabled.

https://www.adtran.com/622v.html
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru
plemans
Guru

Not sure what I'd recommend for business class stuff as I mainly focus on the consumer side. I'd post in the business forum and ask for recommendations. Go over your complete setup, your home size and whats its made from. Those are kind of key

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7