Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBR852 - iPhone unable to load content on pages, images, or app

WhatDaFung
Aspirant

RBR852 - iPhone unable to load content on pages, images, or app

I'm receiving intermittent connection errors after I installed the RBR852 mesh network. We have a iPhone 11 Pro Max and an iPhone X. The satellite is more that 30 ft away from router. I have a Arris SB8200 cable modem and 3x Netgear switches for all wired devices.

Page can't load sometimes when clicking on hyperlinks in FB, Google News, Instagram, and email. Sometime pages loads partially in chrome browser and mobile apps. App store sometimes say there's no internet connection.

I've tried factory reset, disconnecting the satellite to run only the router, changing CTS/RTS to 2347, changing preamble to Long or Short, and also tried disabling 20/40 coexistence. Nothing has worked. Firmware is 3.2.15.25.
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: RBR852 - iPhone unable to load content on pages, images, or app

I wonder if this is the same intermittent DNS issue as reported in: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-frequently-issuing-DNS-REFUSED-responses/m-p/1926055

On my Windows laptop I tried configuring the Windows wi-fi device's connection to use 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS) for DNS instead of the Orbi AX (192.168.1.1).  This made the problem go away.  I don't know how/if this can be done for an iPhone.

I previously used the Orbi admin website to configure its Internet Port DNS to 8.8.8.8 (instead of using my Comcast ISP DNS servers) but this didn't fix my intermittent DNS issues.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Mikey94025
Hero

I wonder if this is the same intermittent DNS issue as reported in: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-frequently-issuing-DNS-REFUSED-responses/m-p/1926055

On my Windows laptop I tried configuring the Windows wi-fi device's connection to use 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS) for DNS instead of the Orbi AX (192.168.1.1).  This made the problem go away.  I don't know how/if this can be done for an iPhone.

I previously used the Orbi admin website to configure its Internet Port DNS to 8.8.8.8 (instead of using my Comcast ISP DNS servers) but this didn't fix my intermittent DNS issues.

Message 2 of 5
WhatDaFung
Aspirant

Thanks Mikey. I'll try changing the DNS server on the iPhone tonight. I tried setting the DNS server on the router but like you said that didn't fix the problem.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would try the FW update and see if this helps any:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-3-2-15-32-Hot-Fix-Firmware-U...

I have this loaded and don't see any DNS issues, though I only have a iphone 6sP. 

I recommend factory reset the RBR and RBS and setup from scratch after applying the update. Also power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds then back ON as well during the Reset. 

@WhatDaFung wrote:
I'm receiving intermittent connection errors after I installed the RBR852 mesh network. We have a iPhone 11 Pro Max and an iPhone X. The satellite is more that 30 ft away from router. I have a Arris SB8200 cable modem and 3x Netgear switches for all wired devices.

Page can't load sometimes when clicking on hyperlinks in FB, Google News, Instagram, and email. Sometime pages loads partially in chrome browser and mobile apps. App store sometimes say there's no internet connection.

I've tried factory reset, disconnecting the satellite to run only the router, changing CTS/RTS to 2347, changing preamble to Long or Short, and also tried disabling 20/40 coexistence. Nothing has worked. Firmware is 3.2.15.25.

Message 4 of 5
WhatDaFung
Aspirant

Changing the DNS server on my iPhones fixed the problem. Thanks Mikey!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7