Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS750 - Satellite "Connected" But Not Showing Up

rob_mcintosh
Tutor

RBS750 - Satellite "Connected" But Not Showing Up

Found that 2 of my 3 satellites were not connected.  I tried to sync continuously with no avail.  I eventually reset the entire system at the router and each of the satellites.  2 still fail to connect (following all steps of power-cycle, resetting the satellite, etc).  The weird thing is that I can connect my computer directly to the satellite and the satellite is still (without a wired connection) communicating with the router and I'm able to access the internet. 

So - it seems that my satellite is connected to the router....but it does not show up in network maps on the app nor via orbilogin.  I'm not sure if it is a firmware issue?  I'm on:

V4.6.5.14_2.0.54

If so, is there is a means of direct connecting to the 2 satellites to update them?  Again, I'm not able to discover nor sync to them, but somehow they are still communicating with the router to provide a connection.

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Is your RBS connected to a CBR750? 

Message 2 of 8
rob_mcintosh
Tutor

No - it is connected to an RBR750

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Have a screen capture if what this looks like? 

Is this in the RBR web page or Orbi app?

Message 4 of 8
rob_mcintosh
Tutor

Be it the orbilogin or the app, the 2 satellites do not show up in the map of either connected devices nor connected satellites. 

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you bring one RBS to the same room as the RBR and ethernet connect it to the back of the RBR?

Message 6 of 8
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi rob_mcintosh,

Please check your PM so I can further assist you on this issue!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 7 of 8
rob_mcintosh
Tutor

Hmm.  Ok - connecting it to the RBR created a short sign of life.  It now shows up as a satellite, but says it is Disconnected.  I powered it down and tried to sync process again and cannot get it to sync.  The Satellite is within 10' of the RBR.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7