Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS750 and most nites

sethm1
Guide

RBS750 and most nites

RBR750 router and 2 satellites (RBS750)

Almost each nite one of the satellites lights goes blue. It usually around 11:15 pm.

the other satellite and the router behave just fine.

So whats going on?

Message 1 of 16
plemans
Guru

Re: RBS750 and most nites

Did it just start? 

Is this been happening since you owned it? 

What firmware is on the router and the satellites? 

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

Message 2 of 16
sethm1
Guide

Seems like since first month - which was last November.

current firmware is 4.6.5.14-2.0.54

no new firmware available.

its connected to a Aris surfboard SB8200.

My network has not been affected, it just that it just seems weird.

Message 3 of 16
plemans
Guru

you could give this version a shot: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBR750-RBS750-Firmware-Version-v...

supposedly it has fixes for backhaul connection issues 

Message 4 of 16
plemans
Guru

Seems like the 8 series of orbi just got a release today that fixed a "random satellite blue ring" issue. 

MIght keep an eye out for a 7 series update for that. The series tend to have the same/similar issues and fixes in firmware. 

Message 5 of 16
sethm1
Guide

How do I tell if I have series 7 or 8?

I see the New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version v4.6.7.5 Released - which was released in January. Tonite I did a firmware check in my Router Admin - but does not recognize the new firmware. SO - how safe is 4.6.7.5 ?  When I begin the manual download process I get a warning that manual updates not safe. I am guessing its Netgear's disclaimer on proceed with caution.

Message 6 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Look at the bottom of the RBR to see model information...

@sethm1 wrote:

How do I tell if I have series 7 or 8?

I see the New - RBR750 / RBS750 Firmware Version v4.6.7.5 Released - which was released in January. Tonite I did a firmware check in my Router Admin - but does not recognize the new firmware. SO - how safe is 4.6.7.5 ?  When I begin the manual download process I get a warning that manual updates not safe. I am guessing its Netgear's disclaimer on proceed with caution.

Message 7 of 16
sethm1
Guide

I see no series listed.

Message 8 of 16
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

Look at the bottom of the Router or Satellite.   It should say RBR ###.

If it's RBR (or S for satellite) 750 then it's 'a 700 series.

If it's RBR (or S for satellite) 850 then it's a 800 series.

Message 9 of 16
sethm1
Guide

I have the RBR750 (& two RBS750)'s. 

When suggested to check the series number - I thought that meant my 750 could be a series 7 or an 8.  

So - if the new firmware was released in January, how soon should my router recognize that a new firmware available and auto download?  Should not my router been smart enough to know? Is it safe to manually download the router & satellite "new" firmware?
I used quotes since if from January, then to me thats old.

thx.

Message 10 of 16
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

@sethm1,

I see where that could be confusing.

We sometimes just refer to them as Series by the first digit of numerical part of the RBR designator. 7 Series, 8 Series, 9 Series, etc.

The firmware that came out earlier (4.6.7.5 I believe it is) was a beta firmware that needed to be manually downloaded and installed - it was not a final release version.   There was a link to that firmware version in one of the other threads in the community.   

Since NG has just published the "released" firmware update for the 8 series in just the past couple of days, hopefully the "released" firmware update for the 7 series will follow shortly.

Even when it is published on the download page, it may take a day to two to be pushed to all of the routers or may be a few days before it is set up and seen by the update process. Sometimes NG will publish it on the download page and let folks who want to grab it do so, before they start pushing it to the field.  You can check the download page to see if there is an updated version that NG has published.

On the bright side however - Furry usually publishes a notice on this community page when new firmware is available - so you don't have to keep checking the download page. Just keep an eye out at the top of this community page.

Message 11 of 16
sethm1
Guide

thanks. I had checked the download page on the NG website yesterday - no new firmware yet. Thx for tip on checking into the top of this forum.

Message 12 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite 📡

Give the newer FW a try...

@sethm1 wrote:

thanks. I had checked the download page on the NG website yesterday - no new firmware yet. Thx for tip on checking into the top of this forum.

Message 13 of 16
sethm1
Guide

About 2100 sq ft.  Router and the satellites about 40 feet from the other.

Message 14 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

Message 15 of 16
sethm1
Guide

Patiently waiting for official release of the newest firmware. Then hope that fixes the issue.

judging by what the newest firmware for the 8 series, I have high hopes the new firmware is the fix.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7