Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS750 connect with Wired connection

Foutiti67
Aspirant

RBS750 connect with Wired connection

Hello everyone, 

I recently moved my satellite and I have connect this with ethernet (because it is too far from the router).

All work fine ( good connection) but when I see in orbi app or orbi router web page, I can't see the satellite .

But when I see on the satellite web page (with ip address) I see all peripheral connect on this.

Why does the router not see the satellite ?

thank you (sorry for my English )

Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS750 connect with Wired connection

Switch may not be fully compatible with Orbi systems. "Green Ethernet" features seen on some switches can cause odd problems. 

Something to try if you can, remove the switch and connect the RBS or one RBS directly to the back of the RBR and see if this changes the behavior seen. 

Also be sure your using good quality LAN cables. CAT6 is recommended. 

Also you should be using channels 1, 6, 11 or 13 on 2.4Ghz. Not channel 4. 

@Foutiti67 wrote:

The switch is a DLINK DGS-1008P ( I don't know what is MFR )

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 15

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Please provide a screen capture of what you see on the Orbi app and RBRs web page. 

What browser are you using when connected to the RBRs web page? Same thing happen in different browsers? 

How is the RBS connected to the RBR, directly behind the RBR or is there a LAN switch in between? 

Message 2 of 15
Foutiti67
Aspirant

Thank you for your help .
The firmware is the last one ( 4.6.7.13 on rbr and rbs)
My provider is a French operator ( orange ) I have a fiber box and rbr is connect on this ( ap mode )
I will send to you some screenshot when I will at home .
The satellite is connected not directly ( lan switch between the two )
Message 3 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch in the configuration?

Message 4 of 15
Foutiti67
Aspirant

Message 5 of 15
Foutiti67
Aspirant

Message 6 of 15
CrimpOn
Guru

MFR is shorthand for Manufacturer.  Is this the switch:

https://docs.rs-online.com/c9be/0900766b8142762e.pdf 

Message 7 of 15
Foutiti67
Aspirant

Yes it is .
Message 8 of 15
CrimpOn
Guru

The switch obviously is compatible with the Orbi system because the satellites have devices connected and functioning.

The community forum has quite a bit of discussion regarding the 750 product and how the Orbi describes router/satellite behavior.

I get a vague sense that "there are issues", but also a sense that solving these issues may be a lower priority than other tasks.  After all, the vast majority of customers use their WiFi routers rather than examine them.

For example, there is a raging discussion going on over the fact that the latest release of the iPhone Orbi app does not display a graphic picture of the Orbi router on the network diagram.  The Android app, meanwhile, appears to continue showing the graphic image.  Somebody screwed up.  My guess is that eventually someone will be tasked to update the iPhone app for a serious reason, and that image issue will be part of the job assignment.

Sorry... my mind wanders.

Message 9 of 15
Foutiti67
Aspirant

Exactly I have the same issue on the iPhone app ( but it’s just a view problem )
I hope that the futur update resolve my issue , it’s not normal that my router don’t see the satellite and reverse …
Thanks
Message 10 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Switch may not be fully compatible with Orbi systems. "Green Ethernet" features seen on some switches can cause odd problems. 

Something to try if you can, remove the switch and connect the RBS or one RBS directly to the back of the RBR and see if this changes the behavior seen. 

Also be sure your using good quality LAN cables. CAT6 is recommended. 

Also you should be using channels 1, 6, 11 or 13 on 2.4Ghz. Not channel 4. 

@Foutiti67 wrote:

Message 11 of 15
Foutiti67
Aspirant

Ok i will try this tonight . Thanks you

If it don’t work , a reset can resolve it ?
Message 12 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know what happens with out the switch in the mix...

Message 13 of 15
Foutiti67
Aspirant

Hello, 

That is not worked at the first try, but now it's working good !

I connect the orbi without any switch (directly) and now satellite Is connection good wired and all work fine !

Thank you guys !( my switch dlink is certainly the problem)

Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Try D-Links DGS-105-108 series of switches. Also NG GS-105/108v4 and GS308v3 and HP ProCurve 1400/1800 series switches work for Orbi systems as well.

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7