Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS750 no devices connecting

koolbreeze7
Follower

RBS750 no devices connecting

Hi everyone,

I have a RBS750 router with two satellites. It's a three story single family home. My issue is the router is in the basement, one satellite each in the upper two levels. No devices are connected to the satellite 1 on the main floor with some devices being like within feet of that satellite. I guess it really isn't a big issue being that all devices connect to something, but just seems like a waste to have gotten two satellites, when I may have only needed 1 and could have been covered. Thanks in advance for comments!

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: RBS750 no devices connecting

Its actually your phone that decides whether what router/satellite to connect to. 

It might have a good enough signal when it connects to either router/satellite 2 when it first connects that even when its being moved around, it doesn't need to roam. 

If the router/satellites are to close together, you can try reducing their broadcast power to see if that helps with the roaming. 

but if its working well, I probably wouldn't fiddle to much with it. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: RBS750 no devices connecting

Its actually your phone that decides whether what router/satellite to connect to. 

It might have a good enough signal when it connects to either router/satellite 2 when it first connects that even when its being moved around, it doesn't need to roam. 

If the router/satellites are to close together, you can try reducing their broadcast power to see if that helps with the roaming. 

but if its working well, I probably wouldn't fiddle to much with it. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7