Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS750

Wonderboyexp
Initiate

RBS750

Hi folks,

I use the Realtek 8812AU dongle to connect to WiFi, all the drivers are up to date, it supports 5ghz.

I was connected to my Spectrum router, I used to get about 15 mbps speed on the 5ghz channel and everything was going great.

Come Black Friday, my Roomate gets this Orbi WiFi 6 mesh and installs it. Now my phone connects to this network and I get 296 mbps speed on my phone.

However my Realtek dongle connects to this and I get a speed of 78 mbps for sometime. After some minutes the connection to my Realtek dongle keeps fluctuating, I can notice the signal strength move from 4 to 5 and 5 to 4 and the internet speed drops to 0.05 mbps.

When I ping it, there is a packet loss of 50% some times 75% some times it’s 100% but the ping times is 2985 ms, after a while I get 17 ms ping, it goes back to 2890 ms and keeps fluctuating

I reported this to customer care, they logged in to the Orbi app, changed wireless connection from 48 to 44. Or to only show 5ghz signal.

It still didn’t solve that problem of fluctuating internet speed.

Anyone know why this is happening, before we got Orbi, I had an option to select 5ghz or 2.4 ghz channel and everything was fine, now I don’t get this option and the internet to my Realtek dongle keeps fluctuating.

Could you let me know how to fix this?

I have attached the speed I get on my phone and the ping I get on my PC
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS750

Try settting the Realtek wifi driver settings to connect only to 5Ghz. Some drivers have advanced settings that maybe available to you to force the adapter to 5Ghz. Contact the Mfr of the adapter for more help and information regarding this. 

Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Set CTS to 2347. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7