Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS850 CANNOT SYNC WITH ROUTER RBR850

joelbd
Aspirant

Hi I have a very peculiar problem. I have a RBR850 ROUTER AND 2 RBS850 SATELLITE. WHEN I FIRST SETUP, EVERYTHING WAS WORKING PERFECT. ALL OFF A SUDDEN ONE DAY ONE OF THE SATELLITE STOPPED WORKING. I TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO SYNC BUT IT WON'T. so I contacted NG and they told me to do a firmware update as my auto update doesn't work. so they suggested i do a manual update and i did but only to the synced satellite and the router. Sincee the other satellite I cannot sync I cannot update the firmware to thaat satellite. Is there any way to update that satellite without being connected to the rrouter because I cannot get it connected. However, if I connect it with a cable the satellite gets power but it shows as a connected device.

Please help how to update the firmware of the satellite without being connected to the router as the route does not sync with this satellite.

Thanks guys, hope will get some help from you. Cheers.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS850 CANNOT SYNC WITH ROUTER RBR850

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Try this:

What you need to do is factory reset the RBS. Wire connect a PC to the 1st satellite. Already have the most current FW version files downloaded on to this PC. 

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. Factory reset the RBS, wait about 5 minutes. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Use the satellites web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites to the RBR. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7