Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS850 Satellite keeps flashing white (seems to operate correctly)

HansF
Guide

RBS850 Satellite keeps flashing white (seems to operate correctly)

Since a day or two, the satellite of my Orbi system keeps flashing white. It indicates that it is trying to restore factory reset settings (but what triggered that?) according the docs. 

Logging into the system, the administration pages indicate that the backhaul connection is good. Also devices connected to the satellite seem to operate as they should (from connectivity point of view) both 5G and 2.4G connections.

I did power cycle the satellite a few times but the flashing problem persists.

Note I have seen articles related to firmware upgrade on this issue but the firmware of both router and satellite are up-to-date v3.1.5.23 according app so they haven't started an automatic update (although there is a newer one on Netgear support)

Regards,

Hans

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS850 Satellite keeps flashing white (seems to operate correctly)

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to make a backup configurtion to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Enjoy. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Try updating FW on both RBR and RBS:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-RBR850-RBS850-Series-Firmware-Version-v3-2-17-12-Releas...

Factory reset and setup from scratch.

Message 2 of 4
HansF
Guide

It is not about the distance: that is ok (it worked for >=12months) without major issues.

I finally managed to stop the flashing by redoing a firmware upgrade. 

It seems that the ability to connect to devices was not affected by this issue.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to make a backup configurtion to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed. 

Enjoy. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7