Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Rbk852 set up issue with eir

Langley1981
Aspirant

Rbk852 set up issue with eir

I am in need of help setting up the Orbi Mesh system. I went though a basic set up and it wouldn’t connect to the internet. I’m with eir in Ireland and their technical support was really poor. They asked me to use pppoe settings but that didn’t work, Netgear technical support 2 hours couldn’t solve. Tried VLAN10 like everyone has suggested on other forums but nothing seems to work.
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Rbk852 set up issue with eir

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 2 of 5
Langley1981
Aspirant

Firmware V3.2.10.11_1.2.12
Service provider modem is Huawei ONT
Service provider is eir and I previously used their router which was FN2000 which worked fine.
Message 3 of 5
Langley1981
Aspirant

I should also add Eir told me to add vci and vpi settings but they are not in the admin page or appear not to be. They said they use Chap authentication and it’s multiplex llc based
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Not sure if Orbi will support your ISP ONT directly. 

Only thing to try would be to put the prior router online. Connect the RBR to this router and use the ISP routers DMZ for the RBR and see if that works. 

You can try v32 FW and see if this helps any however I don't it it will:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/RBR850-RBS850-Firmware-Version-3-2-15-32-Hot-Fix-Firmware-U...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7