Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Redundant internet connection possible?

buckaroob88
Initiate

Redundant internet connection possible?

I'm thinking of moving to an Orbi mesh system, but I was wondering if it is possible to configure a redundant internet connection, e.g. have cable modem as primary connection, but use cell or satellite if the primary goes down?  I didn't see anything in the manual, but might it be possible to kluge it with the aggregate connection?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Orbi AX doesn't support fail over. You can try with LAG enabled and see. I haven't tried this. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You able to try this out? 

@buckaroob88 wrote:

I'm thinking of moving to an Orbi mesh system, but I was wondering if it is possible to configure a redundant internet connection, e.g. have cable modem as primary connection, but use cell or satellite if the primary goes down?  I didn't see anything in the manual, but might it be possible to kluge it with the aggregate connection?

Message 3 of 5
buckaroob88
Initiate

No, I wound up keeping my Asus router (which can do this) and just used the Orbi mesh in access point mode.  I was afraid to set it up that way because I thought the AP mode would allow guest wifi traffic in the LAN between the AP and router, but I found out the guest wifi prevents access to the LAN and routes traffic directly out the router which was an acceptable solution.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Kewl. Enjoy. Mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7