Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ring Doorbell Pro shows connected via a wired connection?

dtay
Luminary

Ring Doorbell Pro shows connected via a wired connection?

I noticed in the Netgear Orbi app as well as via the GUI interface via the web browser, it's reporting that my Ring Doorbell Pro is connected to my Orbi RBK853 as a "wired" connection, when in reality, it's actually via wireless.

Anybody here using a Ring Doorbell Pro with an Orbi AX and seeing the same?

Bug? 🙂
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
dtay
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

Is your RBS ethernet connected to the RBR? If it is and the door bell is connected to the RBS, it will report a wired connection instead of a wireless. 

Firmware is V3.2.15.25_1.3.15.

The satellites are connected via Ethernet wired backhaul.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

is the doorbell connected to a satellite? Mine shows my devices connected to the satellites as wired. but if you log into the satellite, it shows wireless on its connected devices page. 

Message 2 of 6
dtay
Luminary

@plemans wrote:

is the doorbell connected to a satellite? Mine shows my devices connected to the satellites as wired. but if you log into the satellite, it shows wireless on its connected devices page. 

I believe it was connected to a satellite when it was erroneously identiied as connected via wired.  Right now, it's showing as connected back to the main router (had to reboot the satellites last night to rearrange the power cables) and it is identified correctly as a wireless connection.  Interestingly, I also have a Ring Indoor Cam that is connected to a satellite and the Orbi is identifying it correctly as connected via wireless.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Is your RBS ethernet connected to the RBR? If it is and the door bell is connected to the RBS, it will report a wired connection instead of a wireless. 

Message 4 of 6
dtay
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Firmware is V3.2.15.25_1.3.15.

The satellites are connected via Ethernet wired backhaul.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Not a bug. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7