Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ring devices not connecting to closest satellite

PanchoB
Follower

Ring devices not connecting to closest satellite

I have an Orbi mesh RBK753S. I have installed 2 Ring outdoor stick up cams, and one ring floodlight/cam. They are all hardwired/plugged in. At first they connected to the closest satellite, and worked great. Now they connect to the router only, and the connection is terrible. How do I get them to connect to the satellite that is 20 feet away, versus the router that is 60 plus feet away with many walls in between?
Message 1 of 3

Re: Ring devices not connecting to closest satellite

@PanchoB wrote:
I have an Orbi mesh RBK753S.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Ring devices not connecting to closest satellite

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything then reboot the RBR. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

@PanchoB wrote:
I have an Orbi mesh RBK753S. I have installed 2 Ring outdoor stick up cams, and one ring floodlight/cam. They are all hardwired/plugged in. At first they connected to the closest satellite, and worked great. Now they connect to the router only, and the connection is terrible. How do I get them to connect to the satellite that is 20 feet away, versus the router that is 60 plus feet away with many walls in between?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7