Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router not supported

brassakabruce
Follower

Router not supported

For some reason I can’t find the model but it is Model #RAX10. AX1800 router. When I try to connect my Orbi RBK753S-100NAS. It says router not supported in the Orbi app. Do I have to buy a different router? The Orbi worked fine with my old Century Link modem/router. On my old router it plugged into the wan/lan port but my new router doesn’t have a wan/lan port. Just the internet port and 4 Ethernet ports.
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router not supported

Please post about this over in the Orbi AX forum:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
vajim
Master

@brassakabruce wrote:
For some reason I can’t find the model but it is Model #RAX10. AX1800 router. When I try to connect my Orbi RBK753S-100NAS. It says router not supported in the Orbi app. Do I have to buy a different router? The Orbi worked fine with my old Century Link modem/router. On my old router it plugged into the wan/lan port but my new router doesn’t have a wan/lan port. Just the internet port and 4 Ethernet ports.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@brassakabruce wrote:

This is probably because the RAX10 is a Nighthawk router, not an Orbi router:

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/networking/wifirouter/RAX10.pdf 

The RAX10 has a yellow "Internet" port, which is what Orbi labels a "WAN" port. (see page 6)

I fear there is a disconnect somewhere.  If the old Century Link modem/router is gone, there must be a new modem (or fiber ONT) from the ISP.  The Orbi RBK750 router would plug into that. This RAX10 has no modem capability.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure you turn OFF the wifi radios on the RAX and that your wireless device connects to the Orbi AX system. If the wireles device is connected to the RAX then this is the reason why the Orbi app reports this. 

@brassakabruce wrote:

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7