Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SOLVED: How to fix connectivity issues

SOLVED: How to fix connectivity issues

Hi everyone, I thought id make a seperate post about this because I myself would have appreciated seeing this post as I have figured out why my wifi keeps dropping from my iOS iPhone. Here is what I did that helped fixed the solution: 

1. Make sure your device is updated to the newest firmware, this might take some googling and looking at other forums on how to manually update your Orbi (if automatic updates are not available.) Do not skip this step! DOUBLE CHECK the firmware, CHECK the netgear website for the newest firmware. Do not rely on the automatic update feature. 

2. I live in an apartment, so reducing the Transmit Power Control definetly helped as I saw benefits. I reduced both 2.4 and 5 ghz to 50% power. 

3. Set the CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347. This is when the signal dropping totally stopped

That's all I did and the signal is holding out great. Here are some tips that might help and some things that are unique to my situation: 

- My sattelite is wired to my router. 

- I used Net Anaylzer on my iPhone. I downloaded the app (the free version works just fine) and set the IP address to ping the router (or sattelite) that I was having trouble connecting to. You can find out your sattelites IP address in the orbi log in page under attached devices. In my case, I was having trouble mainting a connection with my router. So I set it to ping the IP address of the router. By doing this, I was able to see the ping in real-time which helped show if it was connected to the router or not. 

I really hope this can help the next person on the verge of a mental breakdown because of this mesh system. If this doesn't work for you, my best advice would be to just return the unit. It definetly was not worth all this headache and forum writing. 

key words: orbi, dropping, iphone, wifi, connection, connectivity, fix, solution 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: SOLVED: How to fix connectivity issues

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7