Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Satellites dropping WIfi constantly. RBR750

netblokeusa
Aspirant

Satellites dropping WIfi constantly. RBR750

I have gone through these forums looking for a solution....was sugegsted reposting in this sub forum...

So I use Xfinity.

My Cable modem is an Arris SB8200.
Orbi Router is RBR750 (purchased through Costco if that makes a difference)

Firmware Version
V3.2.18.1_1.4.14

It seems that my WiFi is a sporidically dropping (and has been for some undetermined time frame, it may be when I upgraded the Cable Modem a few months ago)

I never notice anything connected to the main router dropping but from satelites it dropps constantly.

Netgear support wants to charge me for the fix. they say it is some setting I have incorrect. I can't really afford to drop $90 for a new support contract.

Any ideas on what I need to alter?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Satellites dropping WIfi constantly. RBR750

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Traffic Meter.

Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Set CTS to 2347. Set Short preamble instead of Long preamble modes. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s). Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7