Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Saving new device icons fails?

KMDonlon
Luminary

Saving new device icons fails?

With firmware v. 3.2.16.6_1.4.4 I noticed when I do a complete set up from scratch I am unable to get an icon to save if I change it from the default wireless device icon.

For example, my Skybell HD will allow the name and manufacturer to change and save but when I try to set the icon to "doorbell" it will not save in the web GUI. Also my thermostat acts the same way, not able to save with the thermostat icon.

Oddly enough, if I downgrade the firmware to v. 3.2.15.32_1.3.25 there are no issues.

A bug introduced in v. 3.2.16.6_1.4.4 it appears. Very annoying!!
Message 1 of 11
BiGMERF
Apprentice

Re: Saving new device icons fails?

same here with my ecobee thermostat

Message 2 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

I would file a support ticket and let NG know about this.

@Blanca_O 

Thank you. 

@KMDonlon wrote:
With firmware v. 3.2.16.6_1.4.4 I noticed when I do a complete set up from scratch I am unable to get an icon to save if I change it from the default wireless device icon.

For example, my Skybell HD will allow the name and manufacturer to change and save but when I try to set the icon to "doorbell" it will not save in the web GUI. Also my thermostat acts the same way, not able to save with the thermostat icon.

Oddly enough, if I downgrade the firmware to v. 3.2.15.32_1.3.25 there are no issues.

Message 3 of 11
ekhalil
Master

@KMDonlon wrote:
For example, my Skybell HD will allow the name and manufacturer to change and save but when I try to set the icon to "doorbell" it will not save in the web GUI. 

As a workaround, save it as something else (e.g. Router or Speaker,...) then change it back to Doorbell. It should then work.

Message 4 of 11
KMDonlon
Luminary

Tried that Multiple times, no success. I see people posting similar issues within the app too. A bug for sure.
Message 5 of 11
Mstrbig
Master

I can confirm the icons don't save corrrectly as well.  as well. Also i have reports of all devices showing connected to Orbi Router when in fact they are connected to satellites.

Message 6 of 11
dtay
Luminary

@KMDonlon wrote:

I actually have a ticket opened with support about this exact same issuse (device icons not saving correctly either on the Android app or on the web GUI) but sadly it's not progressing anywhere in terms of a resolution.  The particular tech that I've been working with isn't responsive and could only come up with responses such as "reinstall the app", "reset the orbi", "downgrade your app", "reboot".  SMH.

I've even sent screen video caps showing me changing the icon, say, of my Ring Doorbell which it thinks is a laptop or computer, to a ring doorbell, and but it doesn't stick.

Message 7 of 11
Mstrbig
Master

@dtay wrote:

I've even sent screen video caps showing me changing the icon, say, of my Ring Doorbell which it thinks is a laptop or computer, to a ring doorbell, and but it doesn't stick.

I can confirm factory reset, reloading the app, removing and reloading the device or anything else will not correct the issue.

It is firmware BUG! Annoying but doesn't hurt anything, except we get customers complaining. 

Message 8 of 11
ekhalil
Master

Yes, I can confirm that I see the same issue. changing device icons -for devices added after upgrading to V3.2.16.6- is not working.

I hope that this will be fixed soon.

Message 9 of 11
BiGMERF
Apprentice

happens to me to.. on my last system and my new one.. i had to reboot my new one cause my sattelite decided to just dissapear.. when it came back all the ones i changed went back

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure you make contact with NG support about this. The more users report this the better. 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7