Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Set-up ORBI RBR850

Pauljabez
Aspirant

Set-up ORBI RBR850

Hi All,

Today I purchased ORBI mesh system RBR852. I have a Netcomm NDD-0300 NBN modem supplied by TPG.

I installed it using the APP. the wifi is working fine, but there is no internet connection. I spent totally 6hrs talking to the technical support of TPG and Netgear. But the internet is not working.

Can anyone help me please.

Regards

Paul

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Set-up ORBI RBR850

Try powering OFF the ISP ONT device and RBR for 30 seconds then back ON? 

Ensure your using good quality LAN cable between the ONT and RBR. CAT6 is recommended. 

Message 2 of 8
Pauljabez
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. Netgear technical support said ORBI RBR850 will not work with Netcomm NDD-0300 FTTC NBN modem. I have to return and find some other solution. 

Currently I have d-link DL-4320L modem/router which works fine, but not powerful enough for wifi signal to reach the first floor of the house. Do you have any suggestion?

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

On the D-Link modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.

Message 4 of 8
Kylz
Initiate

I have set up Orbi RBR853 on NBN FTTC with same NBN connection box. There is some additional configuration required, which is generally available from your ISP.

The only issue I faced similar to yours, was activating Armor. While this was activated, I experienced frequent dropouts on the internet port. Since disabling the trial, my connection has been stable.
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for posting this information. I beleive the OP returned his Orbi system though. Maybe they will come back. 

@Kylz wrote:
I have set up Orbi RBR853 on NBN FTTC with same NBN connection box. There is some additional configuration required, which is generally available from your ISP.

The only issue I faced similar to yours, was activating Armor. While this was activated, I experienced frequent dropouts on the internet port. Since disabling the trial, my connection has been stable.

Message 6 of 8
Kylz
Initiate

All good - I just figured I'd put in my experience, just in case others see this post.

Main thing is that it can be done, with a little configuration 🙂

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation